News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Self Reliance Expo June 28-29-30

Started by Twineagles, May 23, 2013, 10:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

The first self reliance expo (think preppers) held in the midwest is scheduled for June 27th through the 29th. There will be 20 vendors and 10 non profit groups participating. The expo has already sold tickets to the event to folks from IA, MN, NE, MO and WI. 

Applseeder couple from Colorado (Prone to Knit & oneshot_onehole) will be bringing down a portable air rifle range and have asked us to help staff it. I am coordinating our volunteer effort we need to have 6 volunteers there from noon-7:00 pm on Friday, 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM on Saturday, 11:00 a - 5:00 pm on Sunday. Our duties will be to help the kids shooting and overall promotion of Project Appleseed. The expo will be taking place at the Val Air ballroom in West Des Moines IA.

Orange hats, red hats, riflemen and Appleseed supporters we need your help. This may be a major recruiting pool for appleseed attendees for the Iowa and our bordering states.

PM me if any questions
Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Drfury

That is literally down the street from me so I have no excuse not to attend. Im pretty sure I can fill one of those time slots, just cant give a firm confirmation on which right now.
Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.

Twineagles

Sounds great let me know once you know your schedule. Who else is ready to step up?
We are competing with the Des Moines gun show so our silver tongued devil, Bryce will not be there.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Alex

I will be there from noon to seven on Saturday. I will know if I have more time available as it gets closer.
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

Drfury

Alright, its looking like Sunday will be the best day for me, mark me down for that.
Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.

Twineagles

Great guys but I still could use more help. I am planning on being out there all 3 days. There is also a chance we will be setting up indoors too, think aor conditioning!

oneshot_onehole

We're about 3 1/2 hours out. Looking like a good time to set up the booth will be 5 PM today. We'll stop by earlier and drop everything off then get our trailer to the RV park. So we'll see a couple of you at 5.

Kim

Twineagles

If you have the opportunity to stop by and meet Jim and Kim it will be worth your time! good folks to know. We will only have 3 shooters on the line at a time due to space constraints.

Mike

PHenry

Appleseeds was invited to speak at a "Preparedness Expo" in FL and the task to do so fell upon me. I wrote up a speech specifically aimed at the attendees and would be happy to share with any interested - just PM me with yer Email addy and I will reply with it. Also happy to offer any tips based upon our experience in the booth we ran.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Twineagles

Here is our lucky winner of the 10/22 and a brick of ammo. Thanks to Alex, Bryce and Joe for the help at the expo. Special thanks to Jim and Kim for bringing the range and all they do to keep the ship afloat.

Mutti

What a smile!  Hope to see it on the line with it's new owner someday.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)