News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cabela's Hoffman Estates June 8 event, needs some friendly Appleseeders

Started by Steck, May 22, 2013, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

N IL folks, need some help in our area too!  You see how Missouri is stepping up the same day for their Cabela's...

Opportunity to spread the word at Hoffman Estates, IL Cabela's Store June 8, 2013.

Cabela's can have an area next to the range with chairs for basic instruction on safety, and an additional table for the Appleseed project.
Let's see how many volunteers would like to support the event and work out the details this next week.     

"The parents and kids are out, the parents and kids are out"
and are descending on Cabela's for the Outdoor Adventure Day June 8 2013 from 10am to 2pm. 

We need AS volunteers to meet & greet Our Posterity at the  Daisy BB Gun™ shoot. 

Who: PROJECT APPLESEED®  Volunteers who do not have an AS event planned and would like to spend a little piece of their weekend saving our Country.

RWVA participation here isn't formal, but Diane (the store's Retail Events Coordinator) is eager to have us there.

We should have stories prepped ... the stories of Patriotic Young Children (PYC)'s - 
Short 2 - 5 minute stories ... specifically about the sacrifices/contributions made by children during the Revolutionary War! 

What: Cabela's Family Outdoor Adventure Day
                       Specifically : Daisy BB Gun Range™  *

"Take Pride, It's A Daisy! Visit our inflatable BB Gun Range.
                        We will teach gun safety rules and marksmanship skills."

***Note***
Project Appleseed®  Volunteers will not be instructing the above. Cabela's supports our "Mission" ...  This gives us the opportunity to speak with the Parents about our program while they are waiting for their turn to shoot.

Mutti also suggested we give 2-5 minute Histories about children during the Revolutionary War.

They would love our help!   :sos:

Cabela's
5225 Prairie Stone Pkwy.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192

GPS Coordinates:
42.072912, -88.205795

When: Saturday :  June 8th, 2013   :  9:00am - 3:00pm 

Why: We all know why - this is just the nature of what we do.

There will also be many other events for your Family to participate in. Brush off the Colorful Caps, shake the wrinkles out of the AS shirts, and come help return the assistance Cabela's has been showing us in the Midwest!

Illinois Promotions Team

* http://www.daisy.com/range

** http://www.cabelas.com/stores/store_info.jsp?pageName=021

***** Modified 5/23/13 to add the Appleseed table paragraph near the top, in italics

Mutti

Great! I cannot help but think of a quote attributed to a Marine:
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC

Apathy - No problem  O0
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

2 clicks low

Quote from: Mutti on May 22, 2013, 08:49:21 PM
Great! I cannot help but think of a quote attributed to a Marine:
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC

Apathy - No problem  O0

I thought he said "They have us surrounded, poor bastards".

I will check with she who must be obeyed on the date.

Is there a guidpost for the 2-5 minute kiddy strike?

Also if I produce my NRA Rifle instructor card to go with my USRA hat & shirt can I instruct?

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Steck

Will talk with the Events Coordinator at Cabela's again Thursday, will post some more info for everyone tomorrow.

Mutti, have any handy sources for Patriotic Young Children (PYC) stories?

-Steck

PS - walked into that Cabela's 6:50PM on a Tuesday, fresh ammo being unloaded (and half gone already, of course) -- was able to snag some for the Sparta shoot end-of-June.

Mutti

Quote from: Steck on May 23, 2013, 12:23:07 AM
Mutti, have any handy sources for Patriotic Young Children (PYC) stories?

-Steck

We have a few (Suki Hart among them), however more are always needed    ;D  We are so fortunate to have a great group of young Patriots involved here in Illinois, I bet some would love to submit them.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Steck

Anyone in N IL up for manning-the-table duty?

"I can have an area next to the range with chairs for basic instruction on safety, and an additional table for the Appleseed project.
Let's see how many volunteers would like to support the event and work out the details this next week.     "