News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bloomington, IL shoot coming June 1-2

Started by TheEditor, May 21, 2013, 01:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

Folks,

Come on out to the Bloomington, IL AS, held this time each year at beautiful Darnall's Ranges near Bloomington.  Easy to get to off of Interstates 74 and 55.  Beautiful location.  A full service gun shop is on the premises, and indoor plumbing is available!  (However, the shop has been woefully short (as in none) of .22lr ammo, so bring your own ammo.   There's also a beautiful shaded area with picnic tables for lunch and history. 

This is a commercial range, but the shoot is sponsored by GunsSaveLife.com.  That means that GSL is picking up the per shooter range fee (normally $20 per person per day).  Thanks, GSL! 

23 signed up right now, with a capability of up to 45. 

5 instructors signed up right now, and we'll be running two lines, max 25 in the big bay and 20 in the little bay.  So any other instructors who would like to sign up, I could use at least one, maybe three.  (If we get up to 40 preregs, more than three). 

The first pic is of the big bay.

TheEditor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Ok, the pic above was of the smaller bay. 

Here's the bigger one:
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

And here's that picnic area I was telling you about.

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

We have 26 pre-reg. 

We will have two firing lines. 

I could use at least one more IIT or instructor.  Three would be better. 

TheEditor (SB for this event)
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Kelso

bump -

Wish I could help but I have a conflict that weekend.  This looks like a good shoot; one of the biggest in IL in a long time.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Mutti

Bloomington or Bust!  We've 34 on the line and looking for a few good Instructors to keep it running smooth.

Beautiful Range and willing Attendees - what more could we ask for?

;D

*RiflesNReins and I have signed up. Anyone South who is looking for a Ride?
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Mutti

^:)^

Wow did Illinois step up.  Looks like we'll have a great group of the Illinois Corp this weekend in Bloomington.  If any one has just a Saturday or Sunday - still a few more days to sign up.

Mutti
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

John Boch

I put up a promo at GunsSaveLife.com... should be seen by 20,000 to 25,000 pairs of eyeballs through Friday.  My goal is to get this closer to 40 than the current 30. 

Yeah, I know it's ambitious, but that's how we roll at Guns Save Life.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=7746

John

imadentist

I would be there if I was not already committed to SO the IL state IDPA this weekend.  Sorry.

TheEditor

I think we're covered.  Now to recruit a few last minute shooters - no sense wasting any of that valuable line space.

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

John Boch

I certainly wouldn't discourage any additional instructors from coming out.

We always have a good time together at these shoots.  Many hands make light work.

John

TheEditor

Not discouraging anyone - just don't want anyone to feel guilty!

I really think this is going to be fun.
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Mutti

I am looking forward to meeting so many Forum Names and putting "real people" behind them.  Mutti
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)