News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA MAY 18-19 LADYSEED - AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, May 21, 2013, 03:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Sacramento Ladyseed

Weather Saturday perfect. Sunday...well...mat-napping winds. 

The first ever Sacramento Ladyseed was a success!!!  Saturday saw 12 American Ladies and Sunday saw 8.  These ladies were determined to learn all we had to teach them.  And learn they did. 

After the safety briefing and morning Red Coat, we turned on the fire hose full blast....these women weren't just sipping, they were drinking up all the information we passed on to them.

After some initial equipment adjustments (zip ties and slings....), a couple rifle swaps and some more teaching, groups began to shrink, progress was being made.

We broke for lunch and I got to do something I've been waiting for a very long time.  Dani'O was awarded her Red Hat.  I had to wait for 3 yrs...2 of that as a shoot boss.  Had to wait for her to grow up.  She was 14 when she made rifleman (5 of them back to back with a bolt action tube fed rifle thank you very much), took her orange hat.  Now she is 17....and a very wonderful instructor. 

After a bit of tearing up from the "Range dust", we got down to the strikes.  History.  Heritage. 

Back to the fire hose and more info.  We got one AQT in before the end of the day.  Jenifer was very, very close with a 201!!! A couple other ladies were getting close too.

A final red coat. Benediction.  And oh yeah...I got to "crown" Missy with her Red Hat.  (Pictures will be coming as soon as I figure out how to get them from my phone to my computer....)  Missy is also a well deserved Red Hat!!!  Two awesome Ladies became Red Hats.

Sunday was very windy.  I never did see what the wind speed or gusts were but it made for an eventful day of locating enough rocks to keep the mats from ending up in Stockton......

After a safety review, we shot the first Red Coat...Lisa CONGRATS for clearing it!!!

Review of  Saturday's lessons began and the fine tuning started as well. 

The wind attempted to steal mats all day long, but these ladies are true riflewomen.  They persisted, adapted and overcame all that the wind tossed at them and had a great time. 

We had a good lunch with stories of the Dangerous Old Men and some Determined, Dangerous Ladies.

Back to the line and the AQT's.

No riflewomen but some great improvements all around.  Keep practicing Ladies and come on out to another Appleseed.  Bring the rest of your family too.

As accustomed as I am to seeing the full Sacramento crew, it was still a wonderful surprise to see some of the guys come out just to help us ladies set up.  (Then they headed to the bay next to ours for some fun time shooting and practice)  Neve, Lagboy, eaglescouter, Vinnie, 3Huzzahs....thank you very much for all your wonderful assistance!!! 

American Ladies....Thank you very much for coming out and making the First ever Ladyseed in Sacramento a success!!!!

If any of you have pictures, please post them.

Thanks again.

Laurie

Melissa

Congrats, Missy and Danielle!  ^:)^  Thank you all so much for coming out and making this another awesome weekend and a fantastic first-ever Sac Valley LadySeed, shooters and instructors alike. See you all next month!

Melissa

Missy

Great pictures as usual, Melissa! Hopefully we'll be seeing you w/your very own red hat soon! Thanks to everyone who came out to help instruct, help set up/take down (manly men), and to all the shooters!!! I was so pleased with the number of ladies we got out on the line. I can't wait to do this again sometime!

Ducky

What a lovely weekend! 

A big Thank You to all who attended--our shoot boss and fellow instructors, whose dedication and leadership I greatly admire, our kindly gentlemen who helped us set up and pack up, and all the attendees who persevered through the many challenges we gave them, while still smiling and having fun!! There's always a lot to learn at an Appleseed event, and I sense we all came away from it feeling a bit richer for our efforts.

I hope to see some of our attendees back for another round next month (or soon thereafter). We'll be happy to welcome you back!
Freedom, in a political context, means freedom from government coercion. It does not mean freedom from the landlord, or freedom from the employer, or freedom from the laws of nature which do not provide men with automatic prosperity. It means freedom from the coercive power of the state, and nothing else.--Ayn Rand

homesteadgirl

What a fun weekend and a great group of ladies! I'm so glad I got to come!

"TEX"

Ladies!!    O0

Thank you so much for a wonderful weekend!!!!   I learned so much.  Not just about shooting, and history, but that there are such strong women to look up to still in this world.   You all have my deepest respect and gratitude.

I may have hit 201 but Im ready for 250!!!  Bring it on gals!  I will see you in June!!!   Ill be there with a crew! 

Again, thank you all truly,  for a new beginning on an amazing journey.   ^:)^

Mizzy

AKA Jenifer   :~

NorCal22Gal

Mizzy!!!  That's not Just a 201...that is a hard fought well deserved 201!!!   :~  AND I know in June it'll be a 210+!

Can't wait to see you in JUNE!!!  A CREW!?  LOVE IT!! Bring it on!

Laurie

NorCal22Gal

WOOOHOOO!!! I have finally (sorta) mastered the pictures from the phone. (Thanks eaglescouter!!)