News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BIG PIECE Scattergun Throwdown Bedford, IN 18 May, 2013

Started by SPQR, May 20, 2013, 12:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

There we were, armpit deep in broken clays and spent shells, nothing but heavyweights on the line, and old Troy calls for the monkey.  Its a right hander turnin hard into the wind on a low trajectory and he fires just over the top as a sudden gust pushes it down.  Bob takes careful aim, perhaps too careful as he sends his low.  Two quick follow ups from Patriot's Heir and Travis were both low and left as the clay settled in to the stiff crosswind.  By now its falling quickly, well past the 25M line and almost out of reach.  Old SPQR hisself draws a bead in the briefest of moments.  He sets the the bead of his trusty old overnunder, The Gentleman, under the clay.  Too low, he thinks, covering the clay with the bead.  Still too low was the shout from somewhere in the back of his mind.  Covering the clay with his top barrel he unleashes modified fury at the falling pigeon, by now just inches off the ground.  In an explosion of pitch and stone dust of ultra-magnitude proportions, not unlike the Death Star blowing up, the clay was broken and Victory in the 4th heat was granted to the great SPQR.  It was the Shot Heard Around Springville.

The best part, its all on video for everyone to relive in horrible chagrin for the rest of their days.  See it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaz6rVjUj5g&feature=youtu.be    The epic begins at second :32 and I especially like Troy's reaction at second :36

Hey we had a lot of dun, didn't we?  We raised over $400 for Appleseed.  We had a ton of fun.  Oh, and Bomber was the winner, defeating the very able Monty in a head to head dual to the BIG PIECE Scattergun Throwdown death.  Bomber's prize was a sweet Pro Mag Archangel stock for a a 10-22 (WITH A BAYONET!!!) and Monty took home a bandolier of Dutch 30'06.  Prizes of all kinds were handed out to the top placers and to the lucky ones who struck chalk filled clays.  (SPQR took home a much valued BIG PIECE shirt provided by Slim and a free long gun transfer from Indiana Army Surplus  woot!)

There were many epic moments.  Perhaps the best was when barbie ejected previous winner Slow2Speak only to have S2S remian in the game on a technicality.  Then she unceremoniously erased him from the game on the very next clay just to drive home the point that you don't have to leave, but Barbie says you best go on and sit down.  S2S was consoled only by the winning of a massive pile of Niece's LibertyBars!  the stash came with a copy of the recipe but S2S doesn't know how to use an oven for anything but cerakote.  Another epic moment was when Bryce and Troy went head to head, mano a mano, father versus son in a steel cage, scattergun, Gaunt versus Richard, throwdown.  The epicacity could hardly be contained. 

Here are slim and barbie rocking out to some tunes before the shoot.  slim made a mixtape, Kokomo by the beach boys was on it.

Brown ran the show.  Here is is under the flag pole with the Traveling Bomb, the trophy for the shoots at the Bedford Contingent Bomb Range.  The first name on that mortar starts with H-u-f.....  >:D

Scatterguns and stuff

PULL or HEEYAARRRR!!!

Barbie teaching Bryce that sometimes the young bull doesn't get all the job done.

Monty pulled his Mossberg out of the box on Monday and took second place amongst a big group of heavyweight clay shooters on Saturday.  not bad work.

Here is Troy W preparing for an epic head to head dual with yours truly.

The ol Hawk hung pretty tough with his single barrel break action

Patriot's Heir and that guy that drives him around to shoots and stuff.

And yes, the moment just after the Shot Heard Around Springville was fired.

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Chilidog

That was waaay too much fun! And the video was awsome!
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

Barbie

I had a blast, and did a heck of a lot better than I ever thought I would. 

I can't wait for the next one, I'm hooked!!!

:---
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.