News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD May 19-20 2013

Started by BeSwift, May 19, 2013, 06:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Another successful Anappleseed is now behind us. We had overfull lines on BOTH days.. 18 students Sat..17 Students Sunday. Weather was drizzly, overcast, with poor light conditions. Despite the less than ideal weather Saturday saw 3 NEW Rifleman added to the cadre...!! Sunday saw another 2 NEW Rifleman, added to the cadre...!!
With the assistance of CarlB, FFJim, Southseasnurse and Blue Hat Alex, a safe and productive event was assured.
All students were attentive and interested in the history, and appear to have taken the history and Appleseed message to heart. I suspect we'll see many return to our line in the near future.

On a sad & happy note, CarlB announced that he is likely moving out of State, so this may have been his last event with the MD crew.. I won't steal his thunder, but I'm happy for him that he's moving to a place where he's actually free, but saddened at the potential loss of such an invaluable and reliable member of the MD crew. Whatever state lands him, is gaining "a man who knows very well, what he is about". See you on the Appleseed trail my friend...  :( and THANK YOU for all you've done for us here in the Old Line State...

BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Eroyle

CarlB, Thank you!
Fair Winds and Following Seas.
But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.  John Adams

FFJim

As BeSwft stated, a full line bursting at the seams with teachable attitudes and determination. It was great to see 5 new Rifleman as well as the tremendous improvement by all participants. While I am just beginning my travels down the Appleseed trail, I was very happy to see the (3) father/son pairs and the mother/daughter pair. We also had at least (3) husband wife pairs.

It was also great to see that the student's paid as much attention to the Strikes as they did the marksmanship instruction. This was apparent by the follow on questions and comments.

While the weather was iffy I had a great weekend and now await for the ibuprofen to kick in.

To close, I wish CarlB success and hope to cross paths in the future.
FF Jim
Dundalk, MD

NavyIrish

Great to hear of another terrific AS in Maryland.  My personal thanks and appreciation as well go to CarlB for his support to Maryland AS!
R,
Navy Irish
"The man who loves his country on its own account, and not merely for its trappings of interest or power, can never be divorced for
it, can never refuse to come forward when he finds that she is engaged in dangers which he has the means of warding off." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1797.

southseasnurse

Carl:
      I'm really sorry to see you go, and so is Alex.  He looks on the entire cadre at AAFG as father/older brother figures.  However, I'm envious that you get to move back to the Free States of America!  See you on the Trail!
'Ask a Soviet engineer to design a pair of shoes and he'll come up with something that looks like the boxes that the shoes came in; ask him to make something that will massacre Germans, and he turns into Thomas %&*#ing Edison.'-Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon