News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LibertySeeds Indiana

Started by ATM, February 05, 2013, 08:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pain Killer

Just a clarification, as per Fred History given at a Libertyseed for IIT3-4 promotion does count toward your promotion. It needs to be done in the presence of a Red Hat and the they must sign off on it on your PC form with the date and the History that was presented.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

ATM

MOAR LIBERTYSEEDS PLEASE!  ;)

I haven't exactly been burning up the forum lately but I am available to help with any questions, coordination/contact efforts, requests, ideas or suggestions you may have. Let me know what you need.

You know what I think we need?  :cool2: Yes, I think you all know. SO LET'S DO IT!  ^:)^
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

ATM

Not that I'm suggesting you wait for July to make contact and schedule a LibertySeed in your area...

but the week of July 4th (which falls on a Thursday this year) would be an outstanding opportunity to present the 3 Strikes of the Match with a nod to Independence Day.

Think of it, a weekday evening, a couple hours tops, reaching America, our friends and neighbors, with the lost message of Liberty

...and saving our nation.

I'm just sayin'.  ::)

Pitmaster

but the week of July 4th (which falls on a Wednesday this year)

Its Thursday this year. We have an AS scheduled for July 5-6, a Friday/Saturday and hope to capture some area vacationers and ministers who can't attend on Sundays.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

ATM

Quote from: Pitmaster on April 27, 2013, 08:01:19 PM

Its Thursday this year.

Yes, Thursday, um... that's what I meant.  :))

QuoteWe have an AS scheduled for July 5-6, a Friday/Saturday and hope to capture some area vacationers and ministers who can't attend on Sundays.

Excellent, I hope folks take advantage of it and fill the line. Still leaves Mon-Wed open for strategically orchestrated LibertySeeds as well.  ;)

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

ATM

Rayne, I'll send you a PM this evening and follow up, but check this dedicated LibertySeed website out: http://libertyseed.org/

ATM

***New opportunity for a LibertySeed***

at Jackson County Public Library in Seymour, IN: http://www.myjclibrary.org

From one of Rayne's recent contacts, they are requesting a presentation sometime this Fall on a first or third Thursday, or a Tuesday other than a first Tuesday of the month.

I've suggested a tentative 6-8pm time slot but that is flexible as well depending on the go-getter(s) that steps up to take this one.

Who's nearby and ready to pick up the reins and ride this thing? YEE HAW! Come on an' get it.  :)

I've already pitched the idea of scheduling another for next April so this could become a semi-regular gig if they're as impressed as I know they will be.

yellowhousejake

Quote from: ATM on May 09, 2013, 10:03:18 AM
***New opportunity for a LibertySeed***

at Jackson County Public Library in Seymour, IN: http://www.myjclibrary.org

From one of Rayne's recent contacts, they are requesting a presentation sometime this Fall on a first or third Thursday, or a Tuesday other than a first Tuesday of the month.

I've suggested a tentative 6-8pm time slot but that is flexible as well depending on the go-getter(s) that steps up to take this one.

Who's nearby and ready to pick up the reins and ride this thing? YEE HAW! Come on an' get it.  :)

I've already pitched the idea of scheduling another for next April so this could become a semi-regular gig if they're as impressed as I know they will be.

I'll drive anywhere for a Libertyseed, more than happy to do it.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

ATM

Quote from: yellowhousejake on May 09, 2013, 11:04:19 AM

I'll drive anywhere for a Libertyseed, more than happy to do it.

YHJ

I know you would and I know you are, your dedication and passion for saving the nation remain an example for us all.

Now, imagine this, Indiana: if every one of us decided to actually participate in these... not a one of us would need to drive very far or often.  :cool2: Hmm...

It's time, folks. It's your turn at bat. Is it fear or apathy holding us back? Neither is a worthy opponent.

Scared you won't hit a home run? Don't worry, go for a base hit and advance us.
Every new contact we make, every foot we get in the door, every single American awakened to their heritage advances us in our mission goal.

YHJ and others are ready and available to help, but at least let us know you're willing to join in before we pick a date for this one.

ATM

OK, it's been 3 weeks and I'm going to turn over the contact info for Jackson County Public Library, Seymour, IN to YHJ and Rayne to schedule for a fall LibertySeed.

Surely there are others fairly local willing and eager to be involved or at least attend this one, right?

Wait... Shirley? Who's Shirley?  :pop:

You are. Now let's schedule some LibertySeeds!  ;)

yellowhousejake

I'll be there, gimme more Libertyseeds.

Schedule them, keep me busy, I LOVE EM!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

ATM

From AuntieBellum's July newsletter:

Libertyseed Challenge Follow-Up

How're you all doing on scheduling your Libertyseeds?
My personal challenge to each of you is to schedule one Libertyseed this summer.  One.  Between now and September 1.  It's easy.  Talk to a library, a camp, a local church, a political organization.  Anyone.  Everyone.  If you have questions on how to set one up, contact ATM or myself.

One.

Come on, YHJ is not busy enough, AND HE LOVES EM!  ;)

Seriously, there are several willing to help and present these if you'll just act as boots on the ground and make some local contacts and get us the opportunities.

Start with one in your community and let me know how I can help.

ATM

We have a request for a LibertySeed presentation for a young Republicans group (open meeting) on Tuesday Aug. 13th at 7:00pm in Muncie, IN.

I asked them to invite family and friends so hopefully we'll see a good sized group. They know that we don't discuss modern politics but want to hear the story and at least an overview of the Appleseed program as well.

Who wants this one? I picked a date that I would be available to travel, but for anyone closer or ready to get their feet wet with a LibertySeed, this would be a great opportunity ...and it's already set up. Let me know.

How is everyone coming along with scheduling one LibertySeed by the end of summer?  :pop:

scuzzy

Quote from: ATM on August 01, 2013, 11:24:40 AM
We have a request for a LibertySeed presentation for a young Republicans group (open meeting) on Tuesday Aug. 13th at 7:00pm in Muncie, IN.

I asked them to invite family and friends so hopefully we'll see a good sized group. They know that we don't discuss modern politics but want to hear the story and at least an overview of the Appleseed program as well.

Who wants this one? I picked a date that I would be available to travel, but for anyone closer or ready to get their feet wet with a LibertySeed, this would be a great opportunity ...and it's already set up. Let me know.

How is everyone coming along with scheduling one LibertySeed by the end of summer?  :pop:

See this post so that you can get the LibertySeed posted on the http://www.libertyseed.org/ website:

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=34212.msg252873#msg252873
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

ATM

I see that Mudcat has scheduled two new LibertySeeds in Holland, IN and 42769vette and YHJ are working on one for Liberty, IN... Outstanding!  O0

Check the schedule at www.libertyseed.org and let's fill it up with more.

How many of us even attempted to schedule our one LibertySeed this summer by September 1st?

:cool2:

Get one by the end of the year, please. Just make contact. Our communities need to hear this story and you are the catalyst.*

* now go look up the definition of catalyst again, whether you think you already know it or not.

BE THE CAT
(alyst)  ;)

ATM

We have a request for a LibertySeed in Brownsburg from one of our local Riflemen who thinks he can bring a few locals to attend and help promo the event.

I've contacted the Brownsburg public library to inquire of their meeting room facilities and scheduling procedures, which will be no problem.
Next step is choosing a date. I'm willing to do this one, but if anyone else wants to share in the presentation or be involved in this event, we need to coordinate schedules with room availability. Preference is for a Wednesday evening likely 6-8pm.

Who's in?  :pop:

yellowhousejake

I will! I will! I will!

Who wants to tell the story to a group of the Sons of the American Revolution in Brownstown on November 14th? It's a Dairy Queen, how cool is that?

YHJ

YHJ

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

yellowhousejake

Quote from: Rayne on October 02, 2013, 09:20:38 PM
That is very very cool!!!  ^:)^

I had seen where they had their meeting in the newspaper and was going to contact their chapter president since I knew him, but they beat me to it.  Was this because of the LibertySeed at the Jackson County Library? 

Oh by the way I don't get tired of hearing the history, so can I come too?  Maybe video tape it also?  Gonna have to learn how to tell the history someday soon.

One of the members was at the last Libertyseed and asked me if we could do it for their SAR meeting. Of course you can come!

YHJ

YHJ

yellowhousejake

Brownsburg and Brownstown... I can do them both.

YHJ

YHJ

AuntieBellum

I had to google Brownstown to find it.  Thanks for taking these, YHJ!  I gotta schedule a Libertyseed soon.  So many Americans, so many options...
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

yellowhousejake

Okay, so can the Rifleman who asked for one in Brownsburg set it up? Do we know more?

I got Brownstown moving, just sent an email off to the organizer.
I reached out to the organizer for the Salem Libertyseed also, looking for a date there.
I am working on dates with WD for one in northwest Indiana now as well.

Someone find me a school!!!!  I got vacation days to burn this year, I want to do a school!

YHJ

YHJ

ATM

Lots of LibertySeed activity going on right now... AWESOME!

Let's finish the year strong indoors as things cool down outside. This message doesn't require a weekend or even a firing range ...but it needs all of our our participation to open up new doors and get the message out there to the rest of America.

Drop links to the http://libertyseed.org/ website whenever you get the chance. Find one or let's schedule one local so you can get involved.
Many thanks to those who have been promoting and presenting these!  :bow:

Now I need to go find YHJ a school...

:)

ATM

Brownsburg Public Library is up on the schedule now for Wed. Dec. 11th at 6pm. This will be officially sponsored as a library program.

I'm hoping that this approach with some of the libraries we've added this year will ease the process of scheduling recurring events as well as increasing attendance due to the partnering of promo efforts.

Other LibertySeed events coming up on the schedule:

Evansville Nov. 12th

Crawfordsville Nov. 18th

Salem Nov. 20th

...and more are still in the works. Mmm... Liberty...  ;)

ATM

Who has contacted a venue from last year to schedule a follow-up LibertySeed?

Who hasn't made their first contact to schedule a LibertySeed yet but is determined to do so this year?

Who wants to get our story out there and save our nation?

Who needs help getting the ball rolling in their community?

Who let the dogs out?

Who?

Who?

Who?

;)

ATM

LibertySeed at Crawfordsville public library this Thursday, April 3rd at 6pm if anybody wants to come check it out or be involved.

Also, just yesterday I met with a contact I made at the last Crawfordsville event to coordinate telling the story to 100ish Cub Scouts at their local summer camp in July.

These events will sustain and expand themselves locally with very little effort once you establish the first baseline event, however...

lacking a ground zero, there is no ripple effect to capitalize upon.

Follow up with venues from last year and make new local contacts where we haven't yet ventured - shall we let another Patriots Day pass leaving most of our neighbors oblivious to that day's significance?

Perish the thought.

Let's go, Indiana, who's ready to make some real waves?