News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New IL State Coordinators

Started by dond, May 10, 2013, 09:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

With Fred's blessing I am stepping down as SC for IL and am being replaced by two very capable and energetic Appleseeders. Steck has agreed to become the Northern IL State Coordinator and Mutti has agreed to become the Southern IL State Coordinator. Both are strong, dedicated Appleseeders and are already working together in an effort to build a stronger Appleseed presence in the state. I have worked closely with both of them and have observed their infectious enthusiasm. And indeed they have worked together for some time and have mutual respect for one another. They have my full support and I will continue to work with them to effect a smooth transition. Furthermore, I have developed many strong friendships with people in IL, as well as good relationships with some ranges. I will continue to foster these, and to serve IL in any way I can. I consider my service to IL to be a privilege and honor, and I thank Fred for that opportunity.

The 'boundary" for the N SC will include the latitude containing Champaign-Urbana. However, this is not intended to indicate isolation between the two regions. In order to be more effective, close cooperation among the cadre in both areas is imperative. And as mentioned above, the two SCs are already heavily involved in this endeavor. To carry this aspect further, the entire IL cadre is encouraged to visit the whole state and not just be complacent to remain in their own back yards. The advantages to this should be obvious. And we will help facilitate it.

In a similar vein, we are cognizant of the fact that Missouri is in dire straits as far as AS is concerned. There are a few OHs in the state and there is one RH with his own range near St. Louis. They are making a valiant rebuilding effort. A short while ago, I traveled to an excellent club in Houston, MO to SB its very first AS. And they are presently building a range designed just for AS. That is the present state of affairs in MO. It should be incumbent on us to aid them just as we have been aided, and are still being aided, by neighboring states.

There has been some talk of an IBC in January for MO and IL instructors, and I have agreed to conduct it. And I will, furthermore, be happy to conduct one in IL, and even one in the North and one in the South, if there is sufficient demand, and a time and location can be arranged. And these can be held at any time of the year.

Please join me now in congratulating Steck and Mutti, and in a pledge to support them in their endeavor to continue the growth of Appleseed in all of IL.

Don Duncan     May 10, 2013
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

connibear

congratulations steck, mutti, thanks for stepping up for illinois. I hope our paths will cross in the future as both our states endeavor to be strong and build the Appleseed program.
connibear
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Kelso

Congrats and THANKS!  It.'s a good idea to have 2 state coordinators with such a long state as IL
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Unbridled Liberty

Steck and Mutti; thanks for stepping up!  O0

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

RiflesnReins

YEAH MUTTI AND STECK!!! You two will be great, I just know it!

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

RBKL

Great news - Congrats Mutti and Steck ^:)^

olefido

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Karl

Great News!!!....Congrats Steck and Mutti!! O0
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

George Hacker

Thanks for stepping up as state leaders in Illinois, Steck & Mutti.  May Appleseed explode with growth in your state under your tenure. ..:..

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

RedFox24

"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

Patriot Gal

Congrats Mutti and Steck!!!!!  A winning combination!!   ^:)^ O0

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Tornado

Congratulations Steck & Mutti! Thank you for stepping up.  O0 I know you will both do great things for Illinois.

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

TheEditor

Congratulations, and thank you, mutti and steck. 

TE
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

hawkhavn

First, Don Thank you for your service in Illinois these past few years!
Second, Mutti and Steck, thank you for stepping up, holler when you need anything.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

DrRichP

Our thanks to DonD for all he has done and accomplished. You are truly a class act.

Thanks and Congratulations also to Steck & Mutti!

Rich
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

imadentist

Thanks Don for helping us out in IL.  It may be a dubious honor but I feel like you are one of us now... ;D

Congratulations to steck, mutti.  I stand by to assist in any way you need.  I know you two will do a great job and we are so lucky to have you both.  :bow:

Russ

Reddot

Congratulations to Mutti and Steck. O0
Thank you DonD for all you've done as well. :bow:

Roland

Congratulations and thank you to Mutti and Steck!

And a thank you as well to dond for a job that I'm sure was well done!

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

John Boch

Quote from: 2 clicks low on May 10, 2013, 09:58:38 PM
Congrats Steck & Multti
^:)^

Bravo.

I met Mutti last Sunday.  Good woman.  I like her.

IL is in need of rebuilding some bridges that have been damaged in the last couple years.

I don't know about Steck, but Mutti seems like a can-do kinda woman.

John