News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Slidell, LA - April 20-21, 2013

Started by LawDog, April 18, 2013, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDog

It was two glorious days for America at the Camp Villere (National Guard) range in Slidell, Louisiana, when 16 fine Americans turned out to honor the April 19th Patriots this past weekend.  Thank you all for your rapt attention to both the marksmanship lessons and history stories.  Although all of the Rifleman patches came home with me, I would be remiss if I did not mention Oren's 208.  I watched as he calmly cleared a malfunction in Stage 1 and got off 9 shots.  Only the round that ejected when he cleared the jam kept him from a sure 210.  How he handled that disappointment was such a great lesson for his young son - and for all of us.  Nice job, Dad!

I have to also single out Miss Pat, who only has the clock (or fear thereof) standing between her and Rifleman status.  Also, to Jonathan, a police officer, who brought out his son and daughter - Anna, I wish you fair winds and following seas!  Hunter, Andrew, Nick, Harold, and the rest - thank you for your hard work and great attitudes.  It was a pleasure to work with you. 

Finally, to TDog and Isleno1963: anytime, anywhere.  I appreciate your dedication and passion. 
LawDog

isntitabeauty

First Appleseed! It was fantastic. I learned a great deal and progressed very well. I have to practice a lot more. I was surprised that my best positions were standing and seated. I ended up scoring a 182 on my best AQT. I look forward to attending more of these events in the near future. I hope to bring friends and family to the next event.

isleno1963

O0

Lawdog another fine shoot, thanks for your guidance and steady hand in running the event!

Odog

We had a great weekend learning the rifle skills.  This is a great father-son activity and I encourage all fathers to participate.  The AQT is a challenging test of skill and excellence.  I look forward to the day I score 210 and the day my boys can accomplish the same score. Thank you Dan and Kenny for a great event!!   We look forward to the next event.