News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD Apl 20-21st 2013 Patriots Day Edition

Started by BeSwift, April 21, 2013, 07:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Another truly outstanding class at Annapolis.. Saturday saw 14 shooters on the line, with a solid mix of new, returning, kids, ladies and men. We got off to a slow start, but everyone picked up the pace, and had a solid, safe, shoot. Sunday saw another 15 shooters on the line..everyone came back for more... 4 of the shooters were rewarded for their hard work, with their Rifleman designations! Several others are hovering at or near the 200 mark, and just need a tad bit more work, in order to make it over the top!

We did the Liberty Volley and some additional history stuff to commemorate the holiday.. We HAMMERED home the message, and all left with a new appreciation of the sacrifices made for them to inherit what they have today.

I expect to see many, if not all, back on the line, with others in tow.. An enthusiastic, motivated and safe group of Americans...    BeSwift.
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

FFJim

I agree with BeSwift about this being a great weekend. This was my first event as a new orange hat. As I arrived that morning, I was greeted with a large tree across the driveway blocking access. This led to my first experience with IAO! Everyone pitched in to cut up the tree and clear the driveway and the class started on time.

Also, as BeSwift mentioned, it was a great group of students and I was truly impressed by the "extra" activities for Patriots Weekend.

:)
FF Jim
Dundalk, MD

Patent guy

Seconding all of the foregoing, we had a young-ish group on the line, but they were all wonderfully teachable and the improving scores and shrinking groups illustrated how well they heard and applied the instruction. 

We had one young lady (a new shooter, I think) borrowing a loaner LTR (then a 2nd, then a 3rd) who struggled through mechanical issues and she demonstrated a real "never quit" spirit. 
We were all very proud to see her awarded a Rifleman's Patch on Sunday afternoon.

Hers was not the only success story.  A number of folks reached that 180-205 plateau and I'm sure they will punch through soon. 

Students like these make everything worthwhile.
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"