News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fl Shoot Bosses

Started by Sly223, May 03, 2013, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

Someone needs to step up and get some seasoning on that new Black Bill!
Clermont needs a shootboss for May 11-12! @&) ..:..

Lets show that we are self supporting don't let an outta towner run your event!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Sly223

We also need to get our cadre on the lines for trigger time! :~
Jump in the car and come on down to Myakka,
centrally located in the middle of nowhere and close to noone!
I know it takes me 1/2 a day to get reaquainted with my rifles,
that I have cleaned 1/2 a dozen times but shot 0!
Then when I start to get that feeling like nothing down range at any distance is safe,
the sun is going down and again months until another oppourtunity arises! :slap: ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

PHenry

Sly,
I will likely take that one. Sir Willorith has graciously offered to show me the ropes at this venue and put me up.

Now, if I could just find a DSB to take my Hernando event of June 8/9, I could enjoy my camping trip with granddaughter, instead of if becoming a "working vacation"!

Panhead needs his final SBIT shift, so cannot abandon him, but would be wonderful if another DSB took the HSC event all around. Panhead would benefit from seeing how a different SB works and I could bring granddaughter and her friends and work with them myself (will be camping right up road - didn't pick date - don't ask).

PH

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

Are you pulling out of that weekend alltogether;
or do you want Clermont for that one also?
Right now you will take Clermont in may.
On june 8-9, Hernando and Clermont both need ShootBosses!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

PHenry

Don't look at me - I can barely be in one place at a time. We would likely do well to cut # of events at Clermont. It is suffering from same malaise that gets Myakka when we book a dozen per year there. It triggers the procrastination gene in humans when too many opps are offered.

I'll take May 11/12 at Clermont and will likely have keep HSC in June, but Clermont is up for grabs in June as I can barely run one event at a time and only then if I git lots of help. Now 9mm4545, from what I hear, he could likely run at least two events at same time.  ~~:)

PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

Yes he can!
But I'm told he is not of this world. @)
He is a man of very few peers! :bow:
I do not beleive he puts his trousers on the same way as the rest of us!
He gets tons of triggertime simply by working himself into his POI! :slap:
I hear thats possible when you get more help than most venues get shooters. ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Sly223

We need two shootbosses for June 8-9 one at Clermont and the other at Hernando!

For 2014 we need to sched. 6 events each at Myakka
                                                                  Clermont
                                                                  Hollywood
                                                                   Okechobee!
Thats 24 i'll do at least 12! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

ToneDef

I'd love to work as many of those events as I can! Unfortunately, as October approaches it's going to get harder for me to spend long periods away from home...
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

FLawyer

As a very junior SB (who received a Green Hat in my latest shoot box...) I will go where needed.  If 9mm4545 or PHenry will just advise. 

Glenn
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!