News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New venue and event with instructors needed

Started by 9mm4545, March 07, 2013, 10:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

Our very own Alchemist has done a good deed and secured a shoot at Hurlburt Field (Hurlburt Air Force Base near Fort Walton Beach) for April 20-21. Woohoo! Now, we need a shoot boss and some instructors. Due to this event taking place on a military base, instructors will need to sign up in advance and make sure that Alchemist gets their information (driver license number, date of birth, make/model/color car with tag number, address) so that their entry onto the base can be arranged. The shoot will be limited to 20 shooters, members of the on-base Rifle and Pistol Club and any others who already have unlimited access to the base. This is a great opportunity to introduce Appleseed in a new location in a Patriot's Day shoot. There is not much time left so step up and support our troops with a rousing Appleseed in the Panhandle.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Sly223

Sorry that's an 11 + hr drive. Unless I can fly. I love military posts. :(
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

9mm4545

This shoot has sold out with 21 shooters, has a shoot boss (Mr Pete) and only one instructor (Alchemist) (technically a very experienced Blue Hat rifleman who has agreed to don an Orange Hat for this event). I am putting out a plea for at least one more instructor for this shoot (April 20-21, Hurlburt Field near Ft. Walton Beach). As this is to take place on a military base, we need to know who is coming by April 15th so that access credentials can be arranged prior to the event. If you have not already signed up for a shoot on the Patriot's Day weekend or if the shoot you have signed up for is flush with instructors, how about helping out in Fort Walton Beach with this inaugural shoot?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

panhead

Hi Bruce

Working Hernando that event. I am the club sponsor there and as such, I must be there for the happenings. NRA training both days last weekend and this weekend. Wifey is still talking to me, although in one word answers  ???
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

Sly223

Bruce a shooter contacted you about Okechobee!
I'm interested in this one! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

9mm4545

I've contacted them. They replied asking what was involved, which I answered. So far, nothing has transpired. I'll do a follow-up. I might invite one of the owner/managers to the nearest shoot--which might be yours in Myakka.

Sly223

Fantastic, We have a low turn out this time we need to get back to beating the bush in this area! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!