News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK, CA APRIL 20-21, 2013 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, April 23, 2013, 01:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Patriot's Day Weekend.

Weather: sunny, upper 70's.  Saturday was a bit windy but otherwise a beautiful weekend to be out celebrating our Heritage with some wonderful Americans.

Saturday we had 8 Americans and Sunday there were 9. 

On a windy Saturday morning we completed the Safety briefing, caught the British and Paul Revere up to the time of day we were at, then, began the teaching.  The fire hose turn on and all were drinking as fast as they could. 

By lunch, group sizes were beginning to shrink and looking good. 

Lunch was the prehistory presented by eaglescouter, while I told the strikes.  Then we returned to the line to be part of THE VOLLEY.  Several of the instructors joined the line and the resounding volley to the announcement of the names was amazing...I get goose bumps every time I do this volley...it's truly special.

After the volley, we got back in the teaching and even got in a couple aqt's in before the end of the day.  No rifleman scores...but things were sure looking good.

Sunday was warmer and not much wind.  A nice breeze kept the day comfortable. 

We reviewed safety and then began the review of the things we'd taught on Saturday.

A break for lunch and some Dangerous Old Men and Dames stories, then it was back to the line and some more aqt's.

Emily & Cindy were very, very close to attaining the coveted rifleman score.  They didn't quite make it but I'm hoping they'll be back because I'm pretty darn sure they'll make it.  Scott, keep practicing cause you are close too.  Jacob...way to go guy!  Keep practicing and make sure you listen to your mom...she really does know what she's talking about.  Frank & Carol, great job you two.  Hope to see you both again.  Tim, it was wonderful that you came back out on Sunday. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.  Morgan, you were great!  Wonderful attitude and with a little time and practice you'll make rifleman too.  Christopher, keep going...BREATHE!!!

Thank you all for joining us and making this weekend amazing. Thank you also for your help in setting up and tearing down...many hands truly make light work.

BIG THANKS TO MY INSTRUCTORS!!  I can't do this with out you and you were awesome!!

homesteadgirl

It was a fun weekend! I'm glad I got to go!

CarbineCarrie

Thank you everyone for a fabulous weekend of family, new friends, history lessons, and fun!! We will be back and hopefully the boys will reach their goals at the next shoot. I will make my own attempt next time. Hopefully Jacob and Chris can teach Mom a thing or two! I will figure out how to post the pictures and video ASAP.

Thank you, again, for a wonderful experience from everyone. Scott, you really made Christopher's day! See you all again!

NorCal22Gal

It was great to have you out there!  I sure hope you can make it to the Ladyseed in Sacramento. 

It was fun to watch Chris and Scott shoot Sunday afternoon.

Hope you all make it out if not Sac in may then, Hat Creek in June.

;)

CarbineCarrie

We look forward to the next time and even have friends to join us!!

homesteadgirl

Great Pics! Scott had a great time with Chris!