News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Springfield, OR April 20/21, 2013

Started by Prescott, April 22, 2013, 01:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

We had another great weekend at the Emerald Empire Gun Club.   I am thankful that EEGC has provided Project Appleseed such a great venue for our Patriot Day event in western Oregon.

We had an exceptional group of shooters attend this weeks events.    This was one of the best groups we have instructed, as all of the participants were eager to learn and absorbed the information that was taught over the weekend.   The scores on the Red Coat targets showed that the students increased their marksmanship skills over the weekend and they finished out the day with impressive scores.

Congratuations to Nick at scoring a 222 on an AQT and earning his Rifleman's patch.  Nick was able to show good persistence over the weekend.

Also, congratulations to our two new Orange Hats, Yan and Eric.  Yan has been a long time ASer and finally decided it was time to take an OH.  Eric has attended two AS events, and demonstrated his outstanding marksmanship skill, by shooting multiple Rifleman scores throughout the weekend.

Thanks to everyone else else who attended and made this a great weekend for us all.   Keep up the dry fire practice (which doesn't use any ammo) and practice the steady hold factors on living room floor.   The more you practice the positions, the easier they will become.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

AmbulanceDriver

An absolutely awesome weekend.   Even the drizzle and cold of an Oregon April morning didn't save the redcoats.  :)

Here's a link to pictures of the event.  Feel free to download and share them, with this standard disclaimer - please do not use these photographs for any commercial purpose.  They may, however, be used to promote Appleseed, the RWVA, and Emerald Empire Gun Club.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a9d8usyggvv4rab/aa8S-b8Yqh

Thanks everyone who came down this weekend, and if you'll forgive the adaptation of the quote, we've all heard "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."  Appleseed allows the tree of liberty to be refreshed with AQT's and the remembering of our heritage...  To once again awaken the slumbering giant that is the American Patriot.

Remember that seventh step - as important as learning rifle marksmanship may be, even more important is learning the history that gave us the liberties we enjoy today.  We can't awaken that slumbering giant if they don't make it to the line.

Transform

What a wonderful Patriot's Day weekend! This shoot did more to rekindle my love of Appleseed than I would have even thought possible. I expected great things, but for once, reality actually surpassed my expectations.

My thanks to all of the shooters who got off the couch to come share this glorious weekend with us. I hope to see each one of you back on the line again soon! (Please feel free to PM me in the meantime if you wish, I'm always happy to answer follow up questions or to suggest dry fire exercises.)

Quote from: Prescott on April 22, 2013, 01:56:51 PM
Also, congratulations to our two new Orange Hats, Yan and Eric.

I am quite selfishly JUBILANT to no longer be the only instructor in my area! Without question, Yan stepping up was the perfect beginning, and Eric stepping up was the perfect ending, to this wonderful Patriot's Day weekend!

Audrey

Our group had a lot of fun! Thanks to the instructors and fell Appleseeders for making it a great weekend for us.

cptdondo

Well, the one downside is that everyone dressed for the cold.  I was the only one wearing shorts - and that wasn't enough mojo to bring out the sun.   ^-^

Great shoot everyone! Congrats Eric on the weekend's high score!  And Nick for perseverance!

Hillie

It felt colder on Sunday than on Saturday, Captain, but maybe that was because I dressed a little lighter. :)

Thanks everybody for a fun shoot. Didn't make the patch again, but picked up a few more things. Plus got to shoot a Garand and an SKS, sweet!

TheSquirrelPatrol

I had a great time.  I thought Prescott did an excellent job on the first strike, and all the other stories were well told and managed to keep me interested and informed even though I'd heard them all just a few months ago.  The rifle instruction was excellent, I feel that I made significant progress, and it looked like most of the other shooters were making progress as well.  I look forward to seeing what Eric can teach, I imagine if he can shoot above 240 more than once, he has a few tricks to pass on!  Thanks to John for the loan of his Marlin 795 on Sunday, the contrast to my 77/22 was enlightening.  And I really enjoyed the chance to run a clip through a Garand and a magazine through an SKS on the 100 yard range.

skiddyfisk

Prescott's gun spoiled me. May have to put together a 10/22 now D:

AmbulanceDriver

Figured a couple of the pictures needed to be here for all to see without having to visit a link...  :)

Besides -  :pics:

The Redcoats are coming on!

Yan (cptdondo) becomes an Orange Hat

Boone is scary....    Scary good, that is...   Yes, that upper left square is the first target of the day (after the Redcoats)...   And yes...  That ragged half inch hole is 5 rounds.

Prescott sharing some history...

No, he's not happy to make Rifleman, is he....

Eric (Boone), our other new Orange Hat

Alternate link for the rest of the pictures is here

skiddyfisk

Quote from: AmbulanceDriver on April 24, 2013, 02:32:12 PM
No, he's not happy to make Rifleman, is he....

Yeahhhh, I did not expect that my first weekend. Super stoked right there. :D

Boone

What a fun weekend...I enjoyed shooting with everyone.  Thanks to all the instructors for their time and energy!  Thanks for all the kind words as well........I hope to do well in sharing what I know, and what I will learn in this process.   I know how much fun it is for me to shoot and would like to pass that on to others.  Congrats Nick on Rifleman!  Thanks Jon(ambulance driver) for the pics!...and thanks again to Prescott, Yan, and Transform....Take care shooters...and I hope to see you guys again sometime...

Eric