News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Waitsburg, WA, April 20-21 Patriot's Weekend

Started by Joni, April 21, 2013, 11:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joni

Had a nearly perfect weekend! Lots of wind, which was cool, otherwise awesome!
Congratulations to Ralph and Chris on your Rifleman Patches, that rocks!! I understand Renee is knocking on the door with her score of 202! I will get my pictures up as soon as I can and leave a link for anyone who wants them! The shoot boss is off on "training" but he will add more later, line boss too!!

kenjo

It was a great weekend with 9 patriot shooters each day in spite of the strong, gusty winds. We had deer up high on the hillside behind the target line who were very interested in learning the 4 safety rules and the 6 steps to firing the shot (our shooters made sure the deer could hear us as we recited them in unison).
Congratulations to Chris and Ralph for their Rifleman scores! Chris has agreed to take an orange hat! My apologies to Ralph for neglecting to ask if you would like to do so as well; I got so busy at the end of the day on Sunday I plumb forgot! So, Ralph, if you read this and are interested in joining us as an IIT, please send me or Theophilus a message and we'll get you on the trail. You definitely have what it takes.
Renee and Kyle had very close scores of 202 and 208 (Sunday was Kyle's first day of Appleseed so he really did a great job of getting up to speed). I see Rifleman patches for both in the near future.
I'd also like to thank John (Baldsincebirth) for his help on Sunday with his line boss, RSO and target scoring duties. He provided the camera and Emily took the pictures of the patch presentations--pictures appearing here soon, I'm sure. Emily also stepped in and performed blue hat duties to help Joni with check-in and target scoring.
Now it's time to get the car and trailer unpacked and get organized for the week so I'll have to add more later. Thanks again to all the fine shooters who got off the couch this weekend. This was a great group to work with and I hope you all had as much fun as I did.
O0
kenjo
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Audrey

We missed you, Joni, in Oregon. Sounds like you guys had a fun Patriot's weekend shoot!

Joni

jerryinoregon

What a great weekend! Got to renew some friendships and make some new ones. It was great to see brand new shooters and some returning shooters who were persisting to become rifleman. Joni and Theophilus were great again. Their personal attention and hints helped improve and correct some things that i had wrong or just not quite right. Kenjo it was great to meet you and i look forward to helping you on the line.
The wind was a really fun thing to deal with(sarcasm).
Participating in the patriots volley was really special for me as i lost my father last fall and even though we made it for the funeral they did not do the rifle volley till weeks later. So even though we were saying the names of the patriots lost on April 19 i added an extra name as i shot my last round.

See you down the trail. Hopefully in La Grande or John Day this summer.
Jerry
He that Hath No Sword Let Him Sell His Garment and Buy One- Luke 22:34

....from my cold dead hands....

molon labe

SkipNChurch

What a fantastic Saturday. Thanks, gratefully to the Instructors and Staffers who made the Shoot and chalk talk time interesting and fruitful.

Son and I both possess bent backs, mine preventing me from being anywhere near as quick walking or taking any position other than sitting. Joni THANKS for making me aware of what could be done and helping make equipment decisions that got me through the range time.

Ian, on four hours prior sleep, darn near passed out in truck on way back. But not after we talked about the fantastic time he had at this Seeding. He and I have had some long conversations since Saturday about what we'll need to do to take this training up to our Ready Response Rifles, hunting arms. Also have seen first hand what changes needed to make a decent Appleseed rifle needs done to our 10-22 systems.

Overall Waitesburg was a fantastic experience in which we'll be waiting to attend elsewhere AND work with Jerry to get Appleseed established here in Hermiston area.

Thank you folks for having us, looking forward to seeing you again soon!

kevinL
Umatilla, OR

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson

George Hacker

Quote from: SkipNChurch on April 23, 2013, 04:04:03 PM
Overall Waitesburg was a fantastic experience in which we'll be waiting to attend elsewhere AND work with Jerry to get Appleseed established here in Hermiston area.

SkipNChurch,

One thing you can help to get Appleseed jump started in Hermiston is to tell everyone in the area you know about the LibertySeed coming to your area this Friday.  It is like an Appleseed, but without the shooting.  Here are the pertinent details:

April 26 at 5:30pm
Stafford Hansell Government Center
915 SE Columbia Drive
Hermiston, Oregon

Thank you for the positive review,

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."