News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor IBC

Started by connibear, April 18, 2013, 12:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

Things look good for a winter IBC in south central MO. Before i work on getting it listed on the schedule I am interested to know if there are any instructors even interested in coming. If there is enough positive response i will continue to work on this. It will probably be in the houston/mt. view MO area, which is roughly two hours east of springfield. I have an MI who said he would teach it so now we need the instructors, so basically it's up to you if we do this. Let me know your feelings, good or bad. Looking to be held in January '14 so there is plenty of time to get word out.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Mamba

I really, really, really want to attend one of these, but the current ones scheduled just aren't feasible for me - This one would be doable for sure.  I'm in - plenty of vay-cay time saved up. :-) Week long IBC? Either way, I am a yes!

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8

Transform

Quote from: Mamba on April 18, 2013, 10:57:00 AM
I'm in - plenty of vay-cay time saved up. :-) Week long IBC? Either way, I am a yes!

Mamba, an IBC is usually a weekend, and is usually held indoors.
A week long IBC is called an RBC and is held outdoors at a KD range.
It is to your benefit as an instructor to have both experiences if possible.
Here are the current 2013 IBC and RBC schedules:  http://appleseedinfo.org/bc_schedule.php

Mamba

Thanks!  I've been looking at the schedule for both types, and fell over myself a little seeing one close by and possible.  Now, to convince them to do em both back to back, plus an AS, and I've got a two week vacation plus travel time aplenty!  :~
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8

Transform

Quote from: Mamba on April 19, 2013, 12:18:21 AM
Now, to convince them to do em both back to back, plus an AS, and I've got a two week vacation plus travel time aplenty!

Mamba, I strongly encourage you to attend the IBC in MO, together with the other instructors from your region.
However, regarding the back to back idea, the RBCs in NC and WY are set up as 9 day events:  A weekend IBC, followed by a 5 day RBC, followed by an AS weekend. Add in travel time, and you've got your two week vacation!

connibear

Mamba, that would be a great idea, however right now i'm not sure we could handle that. What i mean is thats a little over a solid week. Problem is I don't think people can get that much time off at the same time. I will see what i can do, but it probably won't happen right away. I look forward to getting the IBC going. Please let other Illinois instructors know about the IBC cause i would like to get their feedback.  Thanks

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

imadentist

I would do this if it comes to be.  I would also love to do the RBC.

imadentist

Has anyone ever approached the benchrest range in Wright City MO. about an IBC/RBC.  I was told that they have a KD range of 800 to 1000 Meters.  I have personally never visited this range but the shooters I was speaking with spoke very highly of it.  The range is roughly 40 min. to 1 hour west of STL.  I am inclined to make a visit out there and inquire but I do not want to waste time plowing old ground.

connibear

Yes, we have an instructor who is a member of that range, he has talked to them about appleseed and things look good all we lack is some paper work, keep checking back as i will post the date once paper work is sent, and things are in stone, so to speak.