News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

We had our 2nd instructor Appleseed Pistol Clinic

Started by hawkeye, April 15, 2013, 09:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

We had our 2nd instructor Appleseed Pistol Clinic this Sunday to work out the Instruction Manual and to try our latest safety ideas. We started out with tables in front of the line to ground the pistols and Magazines on and make it less likely for somebody to sweep the line. This seemed to work well , the tables will be moved behind the line once the LB is comfortable with the students ability to follow instruction and be safe. We used a variety of different types of pistols to work on how to safe a pistol  and see the many different design features that pistols can have. Everyone agreed that shooting the standard redcoat at 7 yards was quite the challenge ,one almost cleared it. I have some targets coming that will work for shooting a pistol AQT and will have that finished by the 4th of May. The Israeli Method will work as the safest way to teach drawing from a holster ,it's easy to do by the numbers and gives some control to the instructor.   I have lots of notes and plenty to change on the POI before the next get together. Thank you, to all that helped.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Lawrence

Great work guys! You had all of our best pistol shooters to help develop this event!

Can't Wait! I'm signing up as a student for our first Appleseed Pistol Clinic.

Trig

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************