News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promoting AS - don't waste...

Started by Kick-in-the-pants, February 24, 2013, 10:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kick-in-the-pants

Well I never thought it would happen, but in the spring I left some tri-folds at the sign in table at the Spring Valley shooting range... that way people could pick them out while I wasn't out there promoting.  Well I don't know how many got picked up, but a few weeks back I noticed they were gone (it had been a while) and I asked if I could leave some more.  The response from the range boss was that the old ones got thrown away  because nobody was taking them.

Moral of the story... well I'm not sure, but it certainly is more effective to hand them out in person!  I was up there yesterday and got 3 more father/son pairs excited about attending!

Edheler

Quote from: Kick-in-the-pants on February 24, 2013, 10:13:12 PM
The response from the range boss was that the old ones got thrown away  because nobody was taking them.

This sounds like a serious opportunity to Appleseed the range boss! (Egads!)

Kick-in-the-pants

Quote from: Edheler on February 27, 2013, 09:53:07 PM
Quote from: Kick-in-the-pants on February 24, 2013, 10:13:12 PM
The response from the range boss was that the old ones got thrown away  because nobody was taking them.

This sounds like a serious opportunity to Appleseed the range boss! (Egads!)

I tried...  :wb: he wasn't interested...  :DH:

Edheler

Quote from: Kick-in-the-pants on April 09, 2013, 10:05:44 PM
I tried...  :wb: he wasn't interested...  :DH:

It happens all of the time. Luckily, Ohio is in need of instructors more than ranges recently. We can get back to them once you have a hat which I expect you to have soon. ;)

para45acp

Man...I wish I had those tri-folds! I'm out right now  :(

Oh...and I didn't throw mine away  ::)
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Edheler

Quote from: para45acp on April 10, 2013, 11:12:43 PM
Man...I wish I had those tri-folds! I'm out right now  :(

Oh...and I didn't throw mine away  ::)

Cannonsburg, Kentucky
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Gibsonburg, Ohio

Those are my next three weeks and I have about 100 trifolds. I will take what I have have to each event.

para45acp

Not sure what direction you will be coming from, but when you head to New Philly, you might come past my range. We are located North of Zanesville on 146. If you are coming anywhere near there...I'll meet you someplace convenient and grab some. With all the work we have in store for us getting the range reday to re-open to the public, I won't be heading to an AS as much as I'd like to... :~
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Edheler

Quote from: para45acp on April 12, 2013, 11:01:27 AM
Not sure what direction you will be coming from, but when you head to New Philly, you might come past my range. We are located North of Zanesville on 146. If you are coming anywhere near there...I'll meet you someplace convenient and grab some. With all the work we have in store for us getting the range reday to re-open to the public, I won't be heading to an AS as much as I'd like to... :~

I am in Pennsylvania and will be traveling almost directly west on US-22 and US-250 from the Pittsburgh area. So, the closest that I will get to you is the Tusco Rifle Club. Feel free to come out, if only for part of a day, if you can.

para45acp

Well, I doubt it...but you never know what life has in store!

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10