News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atterbury for Appleseed instructors.

Started by yellowhousejake, April 09, 2013, 08:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

If you have been to Atterbury, you know the reason for the buzz. It's a great place to shoot, everyone who goes enjoys the experience, instructors and non-instructors alike.

But we are not there very often. Running the range properly requires a lot of instructor resources, more than we are willing to commit for more than four events a year. Two events are open to the public to provide an opportunity to see that what we teach at 25 works at 400. We also provide two events for instructors. One a simple KD checkout to try for a KD score and another to learn as much about teaching and doing KD as possible. 

We need to keep the public event spaces open to the public, and make certain the events are well staffed to provide the best and safest instruction we can. To ensure this happens, your SC and I have decided that instructors cannot sign up to shoot the public events until we have enough instructors scheduled to work the event.

If the SC and SB decide that the event is properly staffed, they will allow instructors to register as shooters the last week of registration. This allows the public the greatest opportunity to register, and ensures that there will be enough instructors working to provide the best experience possible for the public.

That said, will someone in Admin please remove my registration, Dave Goodrich, from the Atterbury event on June 15-16. Yea, I am as guilty as anyone.

Make more instructors and maybe we can add a third Instructor day next year    ~~:)

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Barbie

Consider myself just as guilty as YHJ...  go ahead and remove me also, and if need be I'll be more than happy to help work this event as an instructor -vs- shooter
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Brown

sounds perfectly reasonable and logical to me
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

brianheeter

Absolutely the right thing to do.

This shoot wasn't on my radar.  It is now.  I just signed up to work.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

JV

did not know about the atterbury shoot until now. signed up to work.
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.