News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Those 1 minute letters

Started by DaveD, January 19, 2013, 08:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

Another way for sending those 1 minute letters you write.    You are writing aren't you?   ~~:)

https://www.popvox.com/
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

JOEMORGAN

I've sent responses from both resources......I'm not finished either...the day is young!    :)
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

dart67eb

For those with 5 minutes, an envelope letter is looked on as 500 votes by a politician.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Grayson

Here's another resource to get hold of your Rep, Senators, and the Prez in one go: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

PopVox is pretty awesome, I just found out about it a few days ago and was coming here to let people know about it if you didn't already.   Incidentally, "our side" is getting totally smoked on the 'Mayors Against Illegal Guns' proposals: https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101/  :sos:

308LIBERTY

Take the time and write something from the heart. What's a half hour of your time worth compared to over 200 years of heritage and the blood that was spilt to give you that freedom? When that freedom is gone, you'll look back and regret watching that half hour sitcom instead of sitting down and writing a simple, yet powerful letter. Hand address each letter and deliver them to your local post office. I recently did so for the first time in my life and I can tell you, walking out after dropping off my letters and looking up at that flag waving in the breeze gave me a pretty good feeling. Just try it.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

TaosGlock

And a call or a FTF is even more impactful. O0
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Grayson

True, true...e-communication shouldn't be the only thing one does.  But with sites like PopVox, NOBODY has an excuse not to at least do that.

Great thing about it is that it links to every bit'o legislation they introdce, with links to the actual text of the bill (though it seems to take a while for all bills' text to actually show up).  That way if you see a bill titled, say, "Save the Puppies and Unicorns," you can read the text to find out, say that they plan to save them by imposing a $5000/year "arsenal tax" on gun collections. 

Seriously, any bill with the words "Common Sense" in the title ought to send up a big red flag... &)

jwebster

The problem with the handwritten snail-mail delivered letters is that it will take weeks for them to get delivered. Not because our USPS is poor, it's the process of inspecting each piece of mail for security reasons before it's delivered to our elected officials. With time sensitive issues, e-mail and phone calls are the way to make sure your opinion is heard now, before a vote takes place.

MarkAD

My letters involve a lot more then one minute. I read the text of the bill. make notes of things and then compose a spefic point by point letter most of the time. My state reps and state senator are prompt and peronally reply.
My federal senators on the other hand are form letters and your lucky to get that from one of them. To them i will vurn cell phone mintues and when I call I have my comments outlined or I read my written statement to them.
I am polite and I always reemind them they work for me. They do not rule me.

Grayson

If you want to call the Senate, this number I found on THR might be worth trying:  1-855-440-4800.  Apparently funded by Bloomberg and his Mayors Against Illegal All Guns.   >:D