News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Red Coat Marketing (July 2013)

Started by imadentist, April 08, 2013, 10:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imadentist

I have discovered an opportunity to conduct another Red Coat Marketing (RCM) event in late July at the WSRC in Sparta Il.  My dilemma is this, the organizers are expecting appx. 2000 shooters (school age) + parents and coaches at this five (5) day long event.  I had pretty good discussions with them at one of their smaller events that I worked last Saturday as a volunteer safety officer. They seem receptive to the idea but before I commit I need to know if we could man the entire event OR to what extent we could man the event.  I know this post is woefully short on details but in general I need to know how many instructors think they may be able to serve some time on the line in late July.  If I can only get responses from 4 people then I may commit to do one day, if I can get responses from 50 then maybe we could man the entire week (please note if you could work a week day or weekend).  I would rather under promise and over deliver than fail to live up to expectations and give AS a black eye.  Thanks and I hope to hear form you soon. :sos:

UPDATE as of 04/19/2013 PATRIOTS DAY HAPPY 238TH!!!!
I have not received any responses back from the NSSF/scctp.  I will be sending out emails again next week asking for a commitment.  I hope to hear back soon but I appreciate everyone who has offered to help.  THANK YOU! :bow:

imadentist

I have some more details:

event date: july 15-20 2013

title of event: 2013 SCTP national championship

The scholastic pistol program can be found on the NSSF website and they have a face book page, just search "scholastic pistol program".

One other tidbit I have learned is that they have plans to add rifle competition to their mix next year.  This will mean that the kids will have a venue to compete with shotgun, pistol, and rifle.  This may be a good time for Marlin to make contact with these folks and begin discussing supplying LTR's as the standard for the new competitions..that would be great for all of us.

I hope with these details maybe it will make it easier to check your schedules.  Thank you for all you do.

Ratchett

I am available for the week or weekend. If it is a go let me know and I will be there.
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

RiflesnReins

RiflesnReins:  I can help all days w/Mutti. Great work Imadentist!
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Brown

Myself and Lunch Lady can help out with this
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

RedFox24

I posted this up on the Illinois Facebook page..........  I will have to see how things are on the farm before I commit.  but should be able to come over for a day anyway.
"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

olefido

I will try to do at least a day. It will depend on my work schedule.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

imadentist

Happy Patriots Day 238 and counting!

I have received no responses back from the organizing body of the scholastic pistol program.  I will make contact again next week.  I hope to have good news to report soon.  Many thanks to those who have stepped up to help.

imadentist

Scott Moore the Director of the SPP has decided not to allow us to conduct an AS Red Coat Marketing event at his July shoot in Sparta IL.  I am very disappointed but it is no use arguing, maybe next year.  I want to sincerely thank all those who volunteered to work the event.

Russ

Mutti

Well - you most likely planted a seed - sometimes baby steps lead to a long journey! Huzzah for taking it on!

Mutti
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)