Author Topic: Where can I find Isaac Davis/Miniman artwork?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline technoronin

• Instructor in Training
Where can I find Isaac Davis/Miniman artwork?
« on: April 05, 2013, 07:11:57 PM »
Where can I find Isaac Davis or other Minuteman related artwork?  I have access to various bits of CNC equipment and I would like to try making up a few things.

Offline Whippet

• RWVA Instructor
  • Doing nothing isn't a choice.
Re: Where can I find Isaac Davis/Miniman artwork?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:30:33 PM »
I don't know what you're thinking about making, but I'd love to see pictures when you're done!
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Offline Charles McKinley

• Shoot Boss
  • Formerly Stand
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »
I have a vector image that a friend made for me that was put on the side of my AR.  It is pretty detailed as the engraver had to simplify it a lot to get it on the reciever.

PM me with an email address that I can send it to you.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Offline Melissa

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 12:25:02 AM »
I've got a vector image of the RWVA logo as well as a vector stand-alone image of RWVA's Minuteman. Please feel free to let me know if you'd like any design work done!  O0

Offline technoronin

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
I don't know what you're thinking about making, but I'd love to see pictures when you're done!

Here is what I managed over the weekend.  Now to figure out how to deal with stretchy knits...

Offline Maynard

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 03:50:14 PM »

Here is what I managed over the weekend.  Now to figure out how to deal with stretchy knits...

I'd suggest using 2 pieces of cutaway backing, and make sure you're not stretching it while you hoop it.
Looks like the design might be a bit too dense, but it's hard to tell without feeling it.
The stitch file almost certainly needs more pull compensation, which is why your stripes have gaps and your blue field is inset.
PM me if you can't get it figured out, and I'm sure I can help you.
-Maynard