News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Potential Range

Started by scuzzy, May 22, 2013, 05:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I received the following email today pasted below. Anybody want to take care of this one? I'll give contact info via PM if somebody want to take this one on.

Sirs, I was recently elected to the Board of directors of the Fairfax Wildlife Club. I will try to post a link to the website  http://www.fairfaxwildlifeclub.com/  We are about 50 miles from Washington ,DC. near the town of Warrenton, VA. I recently read the article in Shotgun News about your Appleseed events. I am not sure if our club would be suitable to host an event or not. We have a range with firing lines at 100, 50, and 25 yards. But I am not sure if it is wide enough. However it would be up to the Board to approve us having a shoot. I have talked to 2 other members and they have not heard of your project. I was wondering if you had copies of the Shotgun News article or any other information you could send me? Some of the Board is not to happy about much range use or publicity. But some are. Their is some worry that as the area changes from rural to suburban, we will have to close the range. If I go to a board meeting and tell every one to look at a web site some may, but some will not, and will be reflexively opposed. If I can go in and hand out some literature I may get a more positive reaction. We do have some open to the public shooting events, and they are generally well received. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you might have. Thank you.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

BD

This email came in during March of last year.
We contacted the writer and tried our best to set something up at the range, including a presentation to the board.
They decided it would be too much shooting for the range they have.
They only use the range for infrequent sighting in and they are surrounded by residential neighbors that already dislike their minimal range use.
I can't imagine how the email surfaced again now, but the internet can be an odd beast.
Up the Republic