News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN, March23-24, 2013

Started by dond, March 23, 2013, 10:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Preliminary report:

Just finished Saturday. 16 shooters. Managed to get in one AQT. Some Scores:188, 198, 200, 201. Can't wait until tomorrow.  ^:)^ Great shooters with great attitudes and sense of safety. All but 4 were new to AS. It may snow tomorrow.  :(  Where is that groundhog?  >:D
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Sheshoots

Thanks for all of your help, I had a great time. SA :)

Ramblin' Wreck

I had a great weekend learning some new tricks and correcting some bad habits with Appleseed Master Instructor DonD in Puryear. The weather left much to be desired but we had a great bunch of shooters and several proved that they know what they're about by shooting a Rifleman score.

Congratulations to Kentucky's newest Shoot Boss Leslie. HUZZAH Leslie.

I look forward to seeing all the shooters and instructors on another Appleseed line soon.

More pictures can be found here.

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Unbridled Liberty

HUZZAH!  Congratulations Leslie! 

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

RunnFree

Congrats Leslie, it was a great sunny and warm weekend. 

Maximum Ordinate

Here are a few pics from the Puryear event!

If anyone would like a full-size original from this set, please PM me with your email address.

-Rusty
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Maximum Ordinate

More!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

and more!
-Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

it was really wet... liquid sunshine!

(we brought the entire targets back to score, because the paper alone would rip)
-Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

handing out patches that were well-earned!
-Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

The new shoot boss... she rocks!
-Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

Proud Riflemen!
-Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

One very happy (and wet) Rifleman!  It was a joy to watch her persist and earn the patch!
-Thomas Jefferson

crankybones

Yah! Good day-after morning All! Again, Congrats to Shoot Boss Leslie and a BIG 'Thank You' to all the instructors (and the new IIT Rusty).
Especially dond and Ramblinwreck, you found some fertile brain-soil here  O0
I had an absolutely fantastic time, learned some better habits & holds, weather wasn't tooooo bad Sunday ('coulda snowed some though ;D might have improved my sight picture).
Hope to meet up with some or all of you at Manchester, TN in June though I may try to make the time for Rising Fawn in May as well.
Just might want some new head-covering before summer sets in  #) .
OK, it's snowing pretty good here now at 0945, wind is up at 5-10 with gusts, guess I should go stand out on the deck and do some dry-fire drills!

Thanks again to all of you

Maximum Ordinate

Quote(and the new IIT Rusty).

thank you!   ..:..

QuoteOK, it's snowing pretty good here now at 0945, wind is up at 5-10 with gusts, guess I should go stand out on the deck and do some dry-fire drills!

Now that's hard core.   :---
-Thomas Jefferson

crankybones

QuoteNow that's hard core.   :---

Yeah,  my dad had the attitude that if your leg hurt he could always give you a shot to the arm to take your mind off it.  &)
Ahh, maybe I'll do my taxes instead. That should be nasty enough.  :wb:

RiflesnReins

Yea Leslie! I knew you could do it. Can't wait to see you again in Marion in April. O0

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Steck

Congrats, Leslie!

Rusty, thank you for all the great pics!   :))

Everyone, those look like WELL-EARNED Rifleman patches!

dond

It seems that I forgot to announce in my initial post that two shooters re-qualified as Riflemen Saturday. After all it was late and I was tired and old.  :( #) And Sunday was indeed worth waiting for. One of those who re-qualified, Rusty, took an Orange Hat and we put him to work. Thanks Rusty. Thirteen of the 16 shooters returned Sunday. The other 3 were signed up for Saturday only.  However, all but 7 left after the history and before we began shooting because of the miserable weather.  Five of those who remained were all first time Appleseeders. Four of them earned their Rifleman Patches and shot the Score multiple times.  Also, the remaining first timer had a score of 191. You can't ask for much more than that.  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ And Sheshoots is the epitome of a Rifleman's persistence. What great determination.

LesMoore did a fantastic job while earning her SB hat.  O0 Look for great things from her in the future.

We were fortunate to have RamblinWreck join us. He contributed immensely to our success, as did JPL and RunnFree. Thanks guys.  O0

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Sheshoots

Quote from: Rusty on March 24, 2013, 11:27:54 PM
One very happy (and wet) Rifleman!  It was a joy to watch her persist and earn the patch!

Thanks for your help.

LesMoore

Thanks, everyone!! But I do have to give a special thanks to Don...you have helped me so much through getting to Shoot Boss.  I appreciate it and have enjoyed every minute! ;)

Despite the weather, the weekend was great!  Everyone did an excellent job, and lots of new friends were made.  I'm so proud of all the first timers who scored Rifleman.  We also had a few ladies that were new to shooting-they really stuck with it and made a lot of progress.  I hope to see them at other events.

I am happy to welcome Rusty, as well.  You did a great job as Line Boss, and hope to work with you again soon!!