News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Governor's Proclamation

Started by The Old Guide, March 22, 2013, 09:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

I'll read this aloud at Columbia.

WHEREAS, the events of April 18 and 19, 1775 brought forth our nation; and
WHEREAS, many Americans today are unaware of the sacrifices and courage of those who stood together on April 19, 1775; and
WHEREAS, the Patriots of Concord and surrounding towns stood together against the Tyrants at Concord Bridge; and
WHEREAS, those Patriots of old prevented the seizure of their firearms and provisions; and
WHEREAS, today's Maine citizens would benefit from learning of and honoring the sacrifices of those patriots of old.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, PAUL R. LEPAGE, Governor of the State of Maine, do hereby recognize April, 2013 as
PATRIOT HISTORY AND HERITAGE RECOGNITION MONTH
throughout the State of Maine, and urge all citizens to recognize this observance.

In testimony whereof, I have caused
the Great Seal of the State to be
hereunto affixed GIVEN under my
hand at Augusta this Twentieth
day of March Two-Thousand Thirteen

Paul R. LePage
Governor
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

The Old Guide

"the county" to do a presentation which we will do on April 17. I'll have a prize for them. It is a children's book titled, "And then What Happened, Paul Revere?" I hope they pass it all through their home school group and that each child who reads it signs inside the covers. They could date it also. It could become a historic document in and of itself.

Then we have a libertyseed at the Lincoln, Maine library on April 18. On April 19 I'll report on the events of April 19 on my radio show as though I was on the scene. After the show we head out to Columbia.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

AFTERMATH

Huzza!

[Insert Appleseed inappropriate remark, which contrasts Gov. LePage's proclamation with the intellectual capacity of a gov'na close to the author of this reply.]

Sounds like a great way to save America!
Perhaps an AS coupon would make a good bookmark. ;)

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]