News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spread the word! April 19th Public Service Announcement

Started by ItsanSKS, March 17, 2013, 11:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

You will find below a Public Service Announcement intended to help spread the word about our upcoming Patriots Day events. 

Please take a few minutes to look up the radio stations for your area, give them a call, and email the .mp3 file to them.

It's really simple- you just call them up, let them know that you have a Public Service Announcement from the Revolutionary War Veterans Association (a 501.c.3 non-profit organization) about Patriots Day, and that you would like to email it to them for consideration in their rotation. 

Once you have sent the file to them via email, please respond back here, so everyone knows which radio stations have received the file.

Use the following format for reporting:

State |  City   |  Frequency  |  Call Sign  | Email Address | Date Sent 

The .mp3 file can be downloaded directly from HERE

A special thanks to forum member "RC" for his outstanding work as the Voice of Appleseed!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Missy

ItsanSKS

Quote from: Missy on March 18, 2013, 05:40:57 PM
I just sent this to 103.9 The Fish in Sacramento

Thanks!

So, how hard was it to do? 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Missy

I sent them an email and they asked for the MP3. I emailed it and they responded saying that they would play it on their, "conservative news/talk station, KTKZ.  We will use it as a public service announcement when we need fill material."

I also emailed KFBK but haven't heard anything back yet.

Bob Owens

Excellent PSA. I'm posting it on my blog in the morning so my readers can share it out as well.
Editor of BearingArms.com, NRA News guest, Gunsite Academy graduate, and proud Appleseed Red Hat.

m1awolf

Sent KQDI 1450AM in Great Falls Montana, local conservative talk station.
A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

BeSwift

Received notification from a conglomerant that manages multiple stations, that no pre-recorded PSA's are accepted. BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

ItsanSKS

BeSwift-

If they wish to do the recording themselves, that's fine too-  the script can be found here:

QuoteApril 19th, 1775- the day marksmanship made history, and our heritage began.

This year, on the weekend of April 20th and 21st, Project Appleseed will be holding nearly a hundred history and marksmanship clinics nationwide, each celebrating the Liberties and Freedoms that motivated our Founding Generation to begin our War for Independence.
Come join with thousands of patriotic Americans and stand on the firing line of Freedom, celebrating the "shot heard 'round the world" and the freedoms that it purchased.

Featuring guest speakers and certified marksmanship instructors, these events present a fun, yet challenging atmosphere that the whole family can enjoy.  Attendees will spend their time learning rifle safety, the fundamentals of marksmanship, and will hear the true stories and events of America's first day, April 19, 1775.

Space is limited, and events fill quickly.
To learn more, and to reserve your spot on the firing line, please visit our website, AppleseedInfo.org; once again, that's AppleseedInfo dot o-r-g

Pvt.Joker

Pvt.Joker sends:

"Sir:
As a regular Lars listener, I am well aware of his unflagging support
for the Second Amendment, and I thought he might be willing to give
our non-profit a mention in anticipation of Patriot's Day, April 19th.
In observance of this day, the RWVA conducts history and rifle
marksmanship clinics coast-to-coast.
We'd be pleased and proud to have him or anyone from his staff show up
and participate in our celebration of that day. From my own
involvement with this program, I believe it is something that Lars
would wholeheartedly support, as it celebrates all the best things
about America and her history.
Who knows? You might even learn something!
Attached is an .mp3 you may use to publicize the event.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, or
require further information."
"The battlefields of history are littered with the bones of those, who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest; and, resting, died."   
"We can't guarantee success in this war, but we can do something better. We can deserve it."
-John Adams, in a letter to his wife, Abigail.

TaosGlock

Albuquerque, New Mexico, 770 KKOB 770@cumulusdotcom
Sent just now script/link with the NRA Whittington Center as the P's D location plus a link to an informative interview I did a bit back for the Raton Ranger.
I also invited one of their staff to shoot and check us out.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Unbridled Liberty

Kentucky Lexington 590 WVLK news@wvlkam.com 3/19/2013
Kentucky Lexington 88.1 WRFL news@wrfl.fm   3/20/2013
Kentucky Lexington 91.3 WUKY rusty.sharp@uky.edu 3/20/2013
Kentucky Stamping Ground 96.1 WLXO seliot@lmcomm.com 3/26/2013
Kentucky  Irvine   100.7 WCYO jessica@wcyofm.com 3/26/2013
Kentucky  Cynthiana 102.3 WCYN terry.mac@wcyn.com 3/26/2013
Kentucky  London 103.9 WWEL dabegley@forchtbroadcasting.com 3/26/2013
Kentucky  Stanton 104.9 WSKV angela@wskvfm.com 3/26/2013
Kentucky  Danville 107.1 WHIR hometownradio@bellsouth.net 3/26/2013
Kentucky Liberty 98.7 WKDO news@wkdofm.com 3/26/2013
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

The Old Guide

I downloaded it. I listened to it. Now, how do I copy it to send it out via E-mail?
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

Graywolf

WNWN (Win 98.5) Battle Creek, MI. has agreed to air the PSA.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

AmbulanceDriver

Sent a request to the Marketing & Promo director for Alpha Broadcasting, they are the parent organization to several radio stations in Portland, OR.   The ones most appropriate for this would be 101.1 KXL (FM) and Freedom 970 (AM).   They also syndicate several shows not only regionally, but nationwide...  If they're willing to do it, could be a really large audience....  :D

MrFixit

Looks like it's a go on KFYR 550 AM (and 99.7FM) in Bismarck, ND. Very large station, covers I believe 5 states and 2 canadian provinces... One of the most popular AM talk radio stations in ND...  O0

Edit: I was wrong, it is going on KQ 94.5, Rock 101, KFYR 550-AM, 1130 KBMR, 710 KXMR and Y-93!   ^:)^

southseasnurse

Maryland/DC/DC101 and 98.7WMZQ, 99.5, 97.1, 100.3 (one company manages all 5 stations)/dcpsa@clearchannel.com/ 22MAR12

Virginia/Alexandria/1260 WRC/events@1260WRC.com/22MAR12

DC/DC/105.9 WMAL/bill.hess@cumulus.com/22mar12

Not sure what the uptake will be; this area's not very pro2A, but it doesn't hurt to try!  The two conservative talk stations are the best bet!
'Ask a Soviet engineer to design a pair of shoes and he'll come up with something that looks like the boxes that the shoes came in; ask him to make something that will massacre Germans, and he turns into Thomas %&*#ing Edison.'-Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

spitstickler

Texas |  Dallas/FtWorth   |  820am  |  WBAP  | Victoria.Albrecht@cumulus.com | 03/25/2013
Texas |  Dallas/FtWorth   |  570am  |  KLIF  | Victoria.Albrecht@cumulus.com | 03/25/2013
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

ItsanSKS

Bumping this back to the top. 

If you have already hit your local area, and have a few minutes to spare, please consider hitting an area that hasn't yet been done.

It's a big country out there, and we certainly need to get the word out. 

A few minutes of your time could potentially spread the word to thousands of people!

If you are having trouble downloading the .mp3 file, please PM me your email address, and I'll send it to you directly.

-ItsanSKS

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Andy in NH

NH | Newport |1010am, 94.7FM |WCNL  | though webpage | 3/29/2013

NH | Wolfeboro |1420am | WASR| community@wasr.net |3/29/2013

NH|Dover |98.7 |WBYY |Sarah@987thebay.com |3/29/2013

NH |Salem |1110am |WCCM |info@1110WCCMAM.COM |3/29/2013

NH|Bow |91.5FM |WCNH |though webpage |3/29/2013

NH|Keene |93.7FM |WEEY |through webpage |3/29/2013

NH |Exeter |107.1FM |WERZ |TimMoore@ClearChannel.com |3/29/2013

NH |Gorham |107.1 |WEVC |through webpage |3/29/2013

NH|Laconia |1350am |WEZS |staff@wezs.com |3/29/2013

NH|Manchester |1370am |WFEA |raydionh@wzid.com |3/29/2013

NH |Nashua |106.3FM |WFQN |bmoore@binradio.com | 3/29/2013

NH|Hanover |99.3FM |WFRD |Heath.Cole@dartmouth.edu |3/29/2013

NH|Franklin |94.1FM |WFTN-FM |through webpage |3/29/2013

NH|Manchester |1250am |WGAM |Matt@wgamradio.com  |3/29/2013

NH|Manchester |610am |WGIR |JasonRussell@clearchannel.com |3/29/2013

NH|Claremont |106.1FM |WHDQ |Q106-Air@nassaubroadcasting.com |3/29/2013

NH|Portsmouth |100.3FM|WHEB|JasonRussell@clearchannel.com |3/29/2013

NH|Mount Washington |94.4FM |WHOM |mike.rovin@cumulus.com |3/29/2013

NH|Winchester |98.7 |WINQ |frontdesk@monadnockradiogroup.com |3/29/2013

NH|Concord |105.5FM |WJYY |mtrombly@binradio.com |3/29/2013

NH|Keene |104.1 |WKBK |shamel@monadnockradiogroup.com |3/29/2013

NH|Wolfboro |104.9 |WLKZ |kkowalski@greateasternradio.com |3/29/2013

NH|Laconia |98.3 |WLNH-FM |through webpage |3/29/2013

NH|Bedford |96.5 |WMLL |SStephens@ManchesterRG.com |3/29/2013

NH|Littleton |106.3FM |WMTK | Info@Notchfm.com |3/29/2013

NH|Conway |93.5FM |WMWV | mark@wmwv.com|3/29/2013

NH|Belmont |93.3 |WNHW |mtrombly@binradio.com |3/29/2013

NH|Dover |97.5 |WOKQ |news@wokq.com |3/29/2013

NH|Rochester |930am |WPKX |TimMoore@ClearChannel.com |3/29/2013

NH|Rochester |96.7 |WQSO |JeffPierce@ClearChannel.com |3/29/2013

NH|Hampton |102.1FM |WSAK |mail@shark1053.com |3/29/2013

NH|Nashua |1590am |WSMN |gwr4@msn.com |3/29/2013

NH|Exeter |92.1FM |WXEX |events@WXEXradio.com |3/29/2013

NH|Lebanon |100.5 |WXXK |jbosh@greateasternradio.com |3/29/2013

NH|Manchester |95.7 |WZID |pmckay@manchesterrg.com |3/29/2013
Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

SteelThunder

Benton Harbor, MI, 98.3 FM, WCXT, paul@975ycountry.com, 3/27/13
Benton Harbor, MI, 97.5 FM, WYTZ, paul@975ycountry.com, 3/27/13
Niles, MI, 94.9 FM, WSJM, gifford@wsjm.com, 3/27/13
Benton Harbor, MI, 107.1 FM, WIRX, gifford@wsjm.com, 3/27/13
Benton Harbor, MI, 103.7 FM, WCSY, ssheldon@wsjm.com , 3/27/13
South Bend IN, 95.3 FM, WMNC, jzimney@federatedmedia.com, 3/27/13

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Andy in NH

FYI...

If you go to Google and search for "List of radio stations in <your state here>", it will show you a link to a Wikipedia page that lists all the FCC-licensed radio stations in your state.

Many of the listings have links to the stations webpage and from there you can find a contact email.

Some stations I found have a PSA Director, others just a Program Director.
Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

RangeRat

Las Vegas, NV, 100.5 FM, KXNT, Kevin.Wall@cbsradio.com, 4/1/2013

Las Vegas, NV, 840 AM, KXNT, Kevin.Wall@cbsradio.com, 4/1/2013

George Hacker

Quote from: Andy in NH on March 30, 2013, 06:55:07 PM
FYI...

If you go to Google and search for "List of radio stations in <your state here>", it will show you a link to a Wikipedia page that lists all the FCC-licensed radio stations in your state.

Many of the listings have links to the stations webpage and from there you can find a contact email.

Some stations I found have a PSA Director, others just a Program Director.

Great advice, Andy.  Here is another website that will help you identify stations to do further research on:  http://www.radio-locator.com/

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

George Hacker

I sent the following note to radio stations in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.  Here is the text of my message:

--- start ---

April 19th, Patriot's Day, is just around the corner.  This date is one of the most important dates in American history, but so few people know about it.  Project Appleseed has put together a 30-second PSA that is suitable for airplay on the radio.

Please contact George Hacker at NWPromo@appleseedinfo.org if you would be interested in having the PSA e-mailed to you for further consideration.

Thank you in advance,

George

--- end ---

Here are the stations I sent the message to:

ID | Boise | 580 AM | KIDO | boisepsa@peakbroadcasting.com | 2013.04.03
ID | Boise | 670 AM | KBOI | psa@kboi.com | 2013.04.03
ID | Lewiston | 590 AM | KOZE | mikeripley@koze.com | 2013.04.03
OR | Eugene | 590 AM | KUGN | kugnpsa@gmail.com | 2013.04.03
OR | La Grande | 1450 AM | KLBM | web form | 2013.04.03
OR | Pendleton | 1290 AM | KUMA | web form | 2013.04.03
OR | Roseburg | Several stations in the area | kyle@bciradio.com | 2013.04.03
OR | The Dalles | 1440 AM | KODL | newsroom@kodl.com | 2013.04.03
WA | Bellingham |  790 AM | KGMI | kgmi@kgmi.com | 2013.04.03
WA | Port Angeles | 1450 AM & 101.7 FM | KONP | info@konp.com | 2013.04.03
WA | Port Orchard | 1400 AM | KITZ | news@kitz1400.com | 2013.04.03
WA | Seattle | 1000 AM | KOMO | tips@komo4news.com | 2013.04.03
WA | Seattle |  570 AM | KVI  | comment@kvi.com | 2013.04.03
WA | Seattle | 93.7 FM | KIRO | newsdesk@973kiro.com | 2013.04.03
WA | Shelton | 1030 AM & 104.1 FM | KMAS | tips@kmas.com | 2013.04.03
WA | Tacoma | 1180 AM | KLAY | klay1180@blarg.net | 2013.04.03
WA | Tri-Cities | 870 AM | KFLD | cherylsalomone@townsquaremedia.com | 2013.04.03
WA | Wenatchee | 101.1 FM | KOHO | esalmon@kohoradio.com | 2013.04.03
WA | Wenatchee | 560 AM | KPQ | newswenatchee@cherrycreekradio.com | 2013.04.03

----------- Update ----------

I got a follow-up request from jennifer.burnett@peakbroadcasting.com for the MP3.  The PSA will be playing on the following radio stations:  KIDO, KFXD, KAWO, KSAS, KXLT & KCIX - all in the Boise, ID area.  I'll keep an eye on our Nampa, ID enrollment.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Marpat Pippi

Santa Barbara, CA AM 990 KZSB Santa Barbara News-Press Radio mpatton@newspress.com 4/8/12
Ventura, CA 100.7 FM, KHAY khaydave@khay.com 4/8/12

MrFixit

Working on a couple stations in WY, by request of ShadowMan. Here is what I have so far:

Big Horn Mountain Radio, several stations:
   Wyoming | Sheridan/Buffalo | KIX 96.6/Eagle 92.7/PEAK 98.3/KBBS 1450 | timb@bighornmountainradio.com | 04/09/13
Confirmed!

Also contacted this one, haven't heard back yet:

Wyoming | Cheyenne | KGAB 650 AM | davechaffin@townsquaremedia.com | 04/09-13

Thanks!
  Andrew B.

graypiper

sent to Michigan, Traverse City, 580 am wtcm 4-9-13
Greypiper

AFTERMATH

State |  City   |  Frequency  |  Call Sign  | Email Address | Date Sent 
MN  |  MINNEAPOLIS  |  1130  |  KTCN  |  JohnJansen@clearchannel.com  |  4-11-13
MN  |  MINNEAPOLIS  |  100.3  |  KFXN  |  JohnJansen@clearchannel.com  |  4-11-13
MN  |  MINNEAPOLIS  |  97.1  |  KTCZ  |  JohnJansen@clearchannel.com  |  4-11-13
MN  |  St. Paul  |  102.1  |  KEEY  |  JohnJansen@clearchannel.com  |  4-11-13
MN  |  Anoka  |  107.9  |  KQQL  |  JohnJansen@clearchannel.com  |  4-11-13
MN  |  Richfield  |  101.3  |  KDWB  |  Richfield JohnJansen@clearchannel.com  |  4-11-13
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Pain Killer

I love this original PSA! Will you updating it for this year's April 19th event. Last years states April 20 and 21. From what I've read on the forum, some events will be April 19th only and some will be the entire weekend. Would it be possible to make one that is more generic that we can use all year?

Thanks,
PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison