News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Houston, MO - April 13-14, 2013

Started by dond, April 13, 2013, 11:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Twenty first time Appleseeders showed up on a chilly morning to learn about marksmanship and heritage. We didn't get to an AQT yet, but considerable improvement was evident and high hopes are held for tomorrow. Some came from St. Louis, some came from Kansas City and traveled several hours to attend. Stay tuned for tomorrow.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

alkirer308

What a weekend, We had a great time and got to meet new folks. As Dond said some had driven over 300 miles to get here. Had lots of help and great food and fellowship. Looking forward to the next one in July. The ones who camped will probably be looking forward to warmer weather also. I won't give a report , I 'll let the Shoot boss give the report. I will say that it was a great week end to be in the Ozarks...
"An Armed Society Is A Polite Society"
Stand Up For Your GOD Given Rights!

dond

This was a wonderful weekend. It was the first Appleseed held at this club and it has outstanding facilities. And these facilities are going to get even better. In fact, they are building a range specifically for Appleseed!  ^:)^  Appleseed owes a tremendous debt to club member Alkirer308 for arranging this venue and for the construction of the new range. Furthermore, his talents will greatly benefit AS. He has tremendous experience with firearms and teaches several different classes, including a sniper class. As a result, he made significant contributions to the KD presentation which was given. 

The club president, and a couple of other members, graciously prepared sumptuous lunches for the shooters on Saturday and Sunday. This included a variety of home made desserts. And the chocolate cake was delicious. This should be enough incentive to attract additional shooters and instructors for future events.  O0

But back to the event. The shooters returned Sunday and continued their learning process. And significant progress was achieved. But perhaps even better than this was the satisfaction and appreciation they exhibited. One shooter earned his Rifleman Patch and proceeded to the 100 yard range with his .22. He proudly returned with a beautiful target, even though he had to shoot in a strong wind. Another shooter had difficulties with neck pain which inhibited his shooting. But he was undeterred in his resolve to continue the process of obtaining his Patch and becoming an instructor. And one of his main goals is to present the history. Another endearing story has to do with a 7 year old shooter. Afterwards she asked her mother, who was also a shooter, what the date was which had been discussed in the history. Upon being told it was April 19, she announced that she wanted to wear her new T-Shirt to school on that day.

These shooters were enthusiastic and anxious to learn. Many had traveled a great distance to attend and plan to do so again. It is always a pleasure to work with such people.

Several pictures were taken and I expect them to be presented here shortly.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

connibear

What a great weekend, also a beautiful weekend. Almost had a sold out shoot. Thankyou to ralph and the big piney gun club for hosting this event and thankyou to the shooters for coming. Shooters came from as far as kansas city which is a five hour drive, some from the eastern part of the state also. Congrats to Cody who shot rifleman. There are several who are knocking on the door and it won't be long. Ronald I think you will get it next time. Shooters had an eagerness to learn and listened well. They were a very good group to work with. Many said they would come back including those from kansas city. Overall the shoot was a great success.

Thankyou to the instructors who came, i know half of them drove very long distance to get there, thankyou for your sacrifice. Pete! alaska is getting a fine instructor. It was good to meet you.

My computer won't post pics but i will try to get some posted in the next day or so so keep checking back.           
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.