News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP\NRA My First Match

Started by CD, March 18, 2013, 10:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

I have gone to a few AppleSeeds over the last year.  I have never really shot rifles before that.  I loved the history, loved the rifleman training....loved it all.  The commitment of the instructors is inspiring.

Anyways...I used AppleSeed to purchase a M1 from the CMP (I was sold when Sadman let me shoot his on my first trip to the KD Range).  I decided to give a CMP\NRA High Power rifle Match a try.  It was a fantastic event.  I used everything I learned at the AppleSeeds and managed to receive:

1st place as New Shooter,
1st place in M1 Garand division.

All thanks to the instructors at AppleSeed.  You have created quite the hobby for me.  I now enjoy MilSurp firearms, really enjoy shooting and have a lifelong mission of continuing to learn about freedom and pass on its TRUE message.

Thank you AppleSeed (Lawrence, Sadman, Painkiller, Kardiakid and other countless volunteers)...

Chris

George Hacker

Congratulations, CD.  Well done! O0

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Ratchett

Congratulations CD!! Welcome to the shooting sports 'hobby'---- it is quite addicting  ;D
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Adena

"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, Speech in the Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

Bob Owens

Editor of BearingArms.com, NRA News guest, Gunsite Academy graduate, and proud Appleseed Red Hat.

SniperCat

Wife of RangeRat (SB), mother of TrebleShooter (SB), SharpEyedFireChild (SB), and Persistent_1 (IIT3)

hawkeye

M1 Garands rule , out standing sir!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Lawrence

CD,

Great job, my friend! Outstanding application of tried and true fundamentals with an iconic and demanding old riflle!

Now, you must come and help us teach others!

See you again soon,
Lawrence