News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RED BLUFF, CA MARCH 30-31, 2013 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, April 02, 2013, 01:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Weather...sunny, cloudy and rainy.  Saturday was mostly sunny and gorgeous, around 72 degrees.  It started raining Saturday night and continued to rain most of Sunday.  It cleared up around 1:30ish on Sunday and I think it was about 68 or so. 

This didn't stop some wonderful Americans from coming out to learn marksmanship skills and hear some awesome History.

Saturday we had 8 shooters come out to share the day with us.  The safety briefing finished, the fire hose of info was turned on full blast!  Even with some very new shooters on the line, the information was taking hold and starting to show in the faces of the shooters...they were getting it...now it was just a matter of putting the pieces in the right place at the right time.  I just love seeing someone try something we've taught a few times then the face just lights up when it clicks!

A break for some History at lunch under the trees was just what we all needed.  Great job Huck and Transform!!

Then it was back at the instruction with renewed energy and purpose. 

We got one AQT in before we wrapped up for the day.  Joshua and Kayla were awarded well deserved Luther Blanchard patches.  These two youngsters were attentive and very safe.  Thanks you two!! Come back again.

No Rifleman scores that day...Keep working everyone and please come back out and try again.

Sunday was very wet to begin with. We didn't have as many shooters, weather and Easter kept most away I think...but Debbie and Brian returned and Scott came out to share the fun with us. 

So, we didn't waste anytime in getting them going.  We took lunch up in the building out of the showers and shared the Dangerous Old Men told by eaglescouter, Huck, Transform and PinBreaker.  The Dames were shared by Missy, Transform and I. 

After lunch, we sent Brian and a couple of instructors off with eaglescouter to do some Full Distance classroom work before they began that part of the day. 

Debbie and Scott showed rapid improvement and second AQT scores of 189 and 188 proved they were on the way.  Debbie showed she really knew what she was about...posting a 216!!! 

The KD folks were working hard too.  The road was a bit too muddy to drive out to the targets so they all got lots of exercise!  That didn't scare off Huck and Brian...both already have rifleman scores...and both have KD rifleman scores.... They showed however that they knew how to shoot...Huck posted a 221 & 217, Brian a 210.

The KD folks were two stages behind the 25yd folks, so we took break to let them catch up.  During their stage 4...the rest shot easter eggs...well white hard boiled eggs on little stands...it was fun!!

Debbie stepped up and took an orange hat.  Thanks Debbie!

A BIG, HUGE THANKS TO MY INSTRUCTORS!!! YOU WERE GREAT!!!!

NorCal22Gal

PICTURES!!!!  Well a few...Thanks Transform and 56Huck....

Transform

Wonderful shoot, wonderful crew, wonderful participants, wonderful location. I can't wait to return to Red Bluff!