News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clarification!! July 13-14 Burro Canyon KD shoot is NOT Centerfire Only!

Started by Rocket Man, June 24, 2013, 02:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Man

Hi folks,

It was brought to my attention today that the next Burro Canyon shoot -- a so-called "Advanced Appleseed" which will be all KD, is NOT restricted to centerfire rifles.  The Information page doesn't say anything, but when you go to sign up on EventBrite it says explicitly that "You will need your centerfire rifle for this."

This is not true.  The KD shoot will be limited to 100 meters.  I plan to post targets at 25, 50, 75, 100, and for that .22LR is not only sufficient but, in fact, instructive. 

Please keep this in mind if you have students who are confused.  Centerfire is OK, by all means bring them if you wish and if you can find ammo for them, but they are not required. 

---

Additionally, I have the range reserved for Friday the 12th as well.  This is to facilitate the extended setup, however it will also be Instructor Shoot time as I wring out the last details of the Course of Fire.  Instructors are welcome, particularly those who will be teaching with me over the rest of the weekend.  And yes, this will count as a KD AQT.  See you there.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)