News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hear the Story of the Nineteenth of April, 1775!

Started by Fred, February 13, 2013, 08:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

And you don't have to come spend a weekend on a rifle range, out in the cold and damp, to do it!

You don't even have to pay a fee to come and listen.

Here's the details - you have TWO chances, not one, to hear a story the founders would want you to hear, right here in central NC:

Wednesday, Feb 27 at 7 PM at the Asheboro/Randolph Public Library Meeting Room, and

Thursday, Feb 28th, at 7 PM at the Archdale Public Library.

Yes, I will be the story-teller, and you can come hear a version which has developed over many Appleseeds, from sea to shining sea, told straight from me to you, simple and precise. (Caution: I sometimes involve the audience, and have been known to give a "pop quiz" at the end of the presentation, to wake the sleepers up... :) )

I look forward to seeing you at one of these events.

There will be more at local libraries, conducted by myself along with other RWVA instructors. Watch for the details at http://appleseedinfo.org/libseed.php, where you'll find directions, etc.

I plan if possible to include a "flag tour" of a dozen Revolutionary War banners fought under by our ancestors as they willingly faced a choice we don't have to face today: Liberty, or Death.

If you don't have to face that choice today, thank a Revolutionary War veteran.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Whippet

If anyone in the back of the room happens to record the event, please post it as a private YouTube video so all of us can see it.
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Pain Killer

I've seen him do it, It's really very good! But what would you expect, he's Fred. He's tells it a little different each time. I predict he'll be doing a bunch of these (he puts his money where his mouth is) you should try to come see one. Come to a Boot Camp in Ramseur NC, he sometimes is known to give a strike then as well. Worth the road trip!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Whippet

It would be nice if we were able to compile a video collection of some of Appleseed's best presenters doing their favorite POI, Strike or DOM. It could be secured so that only Appleseeders could see the videos.

I understand that developing your own presentation of the material is instrumental to "owning" it, but ideas and inspiration from the best of the best could lift the effectiveness of the entire organization. Some excellent presentations are historical dissertations, some are emotional rollercoasters, some are first person and some are third person, but all work for the right presenter.

If we can reach ONE additional student, wouldn't it be worth it?
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Fred

Those few of you who missed this will now have another opportunity, as we are on the sched for the Randolph Public Library for Thursday, April 18th - the anniversary of the day Paul Revere set out on his ride! The last full day of peace in the colonies, for the next eight years!

Time will be at 7 PM. Bring friends, get the news out on facebook, etc - we can use all the help we can get, to turn people out.

(And, if you're local, I'll be at the Archdale Public Library tonight for a presentation of "Paul Revere's Ride")
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Sadman