News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine Wi, Feb 23-24 2013

Started by Trig, February 24, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

5 Americans braved this chilly Wisconsin weekend.  3 Saturday, and 2 on Sunday.  It was a balmy 24 degrees, with 15mph winds coming from the west.  We peaceably gathered to learn about our heritage, and improve our marksman skills, with nothing but the land owners permission.  Rounds down range by 9:01, as we started down the path to becoming rifleman.  The first redcoat was humbling, and left the shooters with the realization that they did indeed have a journey afoot!  IITS DrRichP and Beck flexed their instructing muscles as we began to forge more rifleman.  Thanks to 2clicks, Janir and BrettA for coming to help and mold our new IITs and future rifleman.  Although there were no qualifying scores, the spirt of the rifleman was awakened in all that attended!!  :---  Thank you to all the shooters who came out and improved their knowledge of our history, and became a part of our heritage.  Thanks to fathers for passing on our heritage to our children, and uncles to our nephews!!  Our country is THAT much better now!

No Sunshine Patriots here by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

no fun was had this day... by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Posterity! by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Stage 4 of the AQT by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Stage 2 of the AQT by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Working on  Steady Hold Factors by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Learning the Hasty Sling by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Group from Sunday by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Gunner

Thanks to Triggernick, Janir, 2 Clicks, and Dr Rich for helping me enjoy another great Appleseed event as an IIT where I had an opportunity to sharpen my instructor knowledge and training.  Camaraderie was great and training attendees was fun. Saturday was cold but thanks to Janir for providing portable gas heat to warm us up when the temps were frigid and the winds were blowing strong. All-in- all, another great opportunity to promote our heritage   , liberty and freedoms, marksmanship skills and technique, and the honor of being a Rifleman.
Gunner
Love to Shoot
Rain, Shine, or Snow......On the Line!

Gunner

Forgot to mention and acknowledge BrettA for helping to coach IITs too at the Racine event......always great to see BrettA.......we have an awesome SE WI senior instructor team!
Gunner
Love to Shoot
Rain, Shine, or Snow......On the Line!