News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed returning to US Shooting Academy April 20th & 21st

Started by Surveyor1653, February 20, 2013, 09:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surveyor1653

Confirmation has been given by USSA that we are a go for April 20 & 21.  The 300m range will be ours on Sunday afternoon.  They have also approved the use of the shoot house for the presentation of the Three Strikes if we have foul weather.

USSA recently took on a new tenant in the restaurant Jalapeno Loco.  They have a full menu of Mexican food and drinks for those who wish to purchase lunch at the range.

As this is my home range, I am very excited for us to have the opportunity to continue providing training opportunities at USSA.  I have at least three training partners who intend to bring their sons & daughters to this shoot and I will be bringing a niece and a nephew.  Very exciting!
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

TomCat

Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

SKSRifleman

The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper

Grendel

I may be able to attend this shoot. If I can arrange my work schedule that week the way I want to, I may be there. My dad and one of our friends is interested also. 

Surveyor1653

Glad to do my part, guys.  Again, as this is my home range I am excited for the Project to become a staple event there. 
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

henschman

Me too, and thanks again for helping us get this on the schedule again!  It really is a great range, in a great location.  We should see if we can get one on the schedule for the fall as well. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Grendel

What the set up out there? Is it concrete slabs? dirt? Do we need to bring our own canopies or do they have shade provided?

I'm still trying to get that weekend off. My trip to Las Vegas for training that week just got approved, so I have to figure out if I can take this weekend off also.

henschman

It will be in the grass/dirt, with no shade provided.  Bring pop-ups if you have them. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819