News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eunice,LA Feb. 16-17,2013

Started by kd5ozj, February 17, 2013, 10:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd5ozj

Well what do you do as a Shoot Boss when only 2 shooters pre-register and only one shows up.You have an Appleseed!!
LibertyGate Kate drove all the way from Montana to meet her husband in Louisiana and catch an Appleseed event in Eunice.Work didn't allow Him to come out,But that didn't stop her from showing up ready to shoot.  :---
I,being a Cajun Gentleman,could not possibly tell her no.This was not her first Appleseed,so we got straight to work with a Red coat and squares.By the end of Saturday we had fixed some small problems and she shoot a 185 on the AQT.
I could tell the mental game was starting to work on this shooter.  :wb:
Sunday we warmed up with a Redcoat and squares.I suggested some star target NPOA drills and that drove home the point.
On the first AQT nerves got the best of her  :slap: ,but after settling down for the next AQT she got over the hump and earned that purple patch with a 214!!!  ^:)^  Then turned in a 225 on the next one!!!!  ^:)^  WAY TO GO MRS.KATHE!!! I don't know who was more excited.
If you ever wonder if having an event for just 1 shooter is worth it....YOU BET!!
By the rude bridge that arched the flood,Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,Here once the embattled farmers stood,And fired the shot heard round the world.....Ralph Waldo Emerson         "A shot that goes astray,May just as well been thrown away"....Unknown

Mark Davis

Thanks kd5ozj,
Kathe has been to couple of my shoots, she has shot well enough to be a rifleman, but untill now, never pulled it into one target.
HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUUZZZAAUUGH!!!

kd5ozj

HUZZAH!!! indeed Mr.Mark.She even had a 96 on one of her 4th stages.
By the rude bridge that arched the flood,Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,Here once the embattled farmers stood,And fired the shot heard round the world.....Ralph Waldo Emerson         "A shot that goes astray,May just as well been thrown away"....Unknown

LibertyGate Kate

Thank you for all your kind remarks, Allen.  ::)   
Yes, INDEED, you ARE the epitome of a Cajun Gentleman! ;) 
Thank you so much for this appleseed. I'm not sure who was happier, either,  ^:)^ but I was the one with the tears in my eyes!   
Thank you both, Alllen and Mark, for believing in me and investing in me!
I achieved my goal of earning my Rifleman's patch before my 1-year anniversary of starting Rifle Marksmanship, April 28, 2012.
That translated into
8 and one-half Appleseeds in 5 different states,
19 actual shooting days,
and innumerable painful days in the prone position Dryfiring.  :'(

Dad, this one was for you and the 94th Infantry of WWII!
Keep a spot on the Line open for me,up there in Heaven.
When I get up there, we will shoot an AQT together!  :~

LawDog

As the Louisiana State Coordinator, I, of course, take most of the credit for the fact that Kate qualified in the Bayou State.   ;)
But, all kidding aside, we do now claim her - and by extension her father - as our own. 
Congratulations, Kate.  And thank you for your perserverance.  Allen can now tell your story of perserverance rather than his own! 
I give three big huzzahs for both of you.   O0 O0 O0

RustyRed

"WOW"  What a Great Job!!! I am so proud of you!!!
Remember when you came to WI we had fun!!
I wish I could of been there with you!

Well done ^:)^

LibertyGate Kate

Okay! Here is my famous last Redcoat target.
YES! That hole really had 3 bullets pass through it--Allen will attest to this!

LibertyGate Kate

And that is what can happen when you spend a couple hours working on NPOA drills!
;)

m1awolf

Congratulations Kate on a job well done. Although I didn't spend a lot of time with you at your last shoot in Great Falls, I could tell you were not far away from the coveted rifleman's score. The story of your journey should be an inspiration to us all to never give up in the face of adversity. I am sure your Father would be proud of you and your accomplishments. I hope you can make it back here for another seed and maybe you can tell us a story or two ;)

HUZZAH!,HUZZAH!,HUZZAH!,
A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

LibertyGate Kate

Y'all cajuns, and all my northern friends/instructors are so great!!! You have made me smile broadly as I read your remarks. I don't think think there has ever been an AS with only one student that has gotten this many comments!!!! Now I don't feel any disappointment over missing out on the Big Group Experience of receiving back your qualifying targets and a Rifleman Patch to the Huzzah's of your fellow participants and instructors!
Thanks!
Kathe

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again with a yoke of slavery" (Galatians 5:1).

alkeford

I am so glad you took what we taught you in Fl. back up north and showed them how its done :cool2: lol JK  >:D WTG Kate you have shown us all what true persistance is all about. Welcome to the elite Rifleman Cadre. :bow:
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Countree

Congratulations! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Kathey! Very Well done!

I have to tell you that, I am damn proud and happy for you! I think that you have things figured out and you are a women whom knows very well what she is about!

You have been to many Appleseeds and learned from many instructors, I believe this is very important to take note of. Last month when you were on the line in Great Falls, I believe that I told you that you have everything that you needed.... or something like that. lol. You shot very well and I was not sure what was holding you back from recieving your patch. Sometimes our biggest challange is in our own heads. I think that you just proved that. You were ready for this! Now keep it up!

I am happy to have met you and to of been able to work with you, your story is amazing so please don't ever stop telling "it"

There will always be a spot for you on the line in Great Falls or better yet, behind the line with a new hat on!

Take care and travel safely!
Paul

PHenry

We were blessed by a visit from LGK at our inaugural event in Hollywood, FL. She is a peach, and I'll nevr say diffrnt.  O0

Congrats on having the persistence to make score ma'am. It was an honor to meet you and to work as an instructor with you. 

In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

George Hacker

Congratulations, LibertyGate Kate!  Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah! ..:..

The Northwest Region has another riflewoman!  Since you have persevered, I wonder if there is an orange hat in your future.  We could use a few more lady instructors with your experience and perseverance.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."