News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cabela's sticking up for 2A

Started by CiviSoldier, January 22, 2013, 04:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiviSoldier

"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
When there is little hope
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far
Remember Who We Are" - Krista Branch

Johnnyappleseed

Cabellas has been consistent when it comes to supporting 2a
Years back a president and his party  that brought us the AW ban ,Brady Law and justice Ginsburg ,thought it clever to place a restriction on FFLs that they be required to do so much business or lose the FFL!

This law would have financially benefitted Cabellas as smaller competition would have been eliminated .Cabellas in true American fashion strongly and publically disapproved of the legislation . Now they take another principled position . The founders would be proud .

We shop Cabellas often and their products have never disappointed .

Thanx for posting the link .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

CiviSoldier

The list of vendors backing out is growing rather large from what I hear...   O0
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

Josey Wales

..Thank Goodness Cabela's still has integrity..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Pitmaster

The NRA finally pulled out. Nothing like leading from the front.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Pete!

-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

technoronin

I just went to the Cabela's website and sent them a thank you note for boycotting the show.

Johnnyappleseed

Nice list Pete ^5
I notice our friend Lynn Thompson of Cold Steel knives pulled out too.
Good thought thanking folks via website !

One could wonder who is still attending? Be a safe bet some will get the I will not patronize label,for staying in the venue.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Kosciusko

last update I saw was 233 cancellations

what I'd really like is to see who's left

CiviSoldier

The show site is surprisingly (not!) still looking for vendors, with a week left to go.... 

I thanked Cabelas via their FB page on their post announcing their decision.  The 'likes' are close to the 14,000 count.   O0
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

Mutti

Quote from: Kosciusko on January 23, 2013, 06:58:08 PM
last update I saw was 233 cancellations
what I'd really like is to see who's left

Who has pulled out up to this point: http://mynortheastoutdoors.com/esos-boycott-supporters/ (233)

There is a searchable page at the ESOS site : http://ess13.mapyourshow.com/5_0/search.cfm

According to their web site there are 1,200 exhibitors:

snipped information to conform to AS policy as to text reposting.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Kosciusko

233 down

1200-233= 967 to go

I wonder how the promoters are going to explain away all that empty exhibitor space, especially w/ all the negative publicity ?

Transform

I haven't shopped at Cabela's much. They've just earned more of my business!

Quote from: Kosciusko on January 23, 2013, 07:33:58 PM
I wonder how the promoters are going to explain away all that empty exhibitor space, especially w/ all the negative publicity ?

It will be hard to deal with the bad publicity, but unfortunately the empty space probably won't be an issue.
Convention buildings are designed and built with enough curtains or moveable walls to resize the space.
(It's all marketing based on the Wizard of Oz mentality: "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.")

Kosciusko

Quote from: Transform on January 23, 2013, 09:28:30 PM
I haven't shopped at Cabela's much. They've just earned more of my business!

Quote from: Kosciusko on January 23, 2013, 07:33:58 PM

It will be hard to deal with the bad publicity, but unfortunately the empty space probably won't be an issue.
Convention buildings are designed and built with enough curtains or moveable walls to resize the space.
(It's all marketing based on the Wizard of Oz mentality: "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.")

Maybe some protesters outside with signs ?   Explaining why all the missing vendors  ?

Might help clarify things.

307 pulled out now

leaving 1200-307=897 to go, and 9 more days for companies  to jump ship

with a little luck, they can hold their expo in a racquetball court

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

CiviSoldier

Seems interesting.  They banned ARs from the show out of fear of getting negative attention, and got just that.  Now they are trying to play the victim placing the reason on a 'small percentage' of the exhibitors.

Minimize your opposition, and over inflate the reaction.....   the pattern continues.  %)
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

Johnnyappleseed

Hopefully this will set a precedent for those stupid enough to associate evil with devices used by the unstable .

The worst mass murder "Happy Land Nightclub "
Worth a dogpile search .

Well said CiviSoldier ^5
Calvin Coolidge

Kosciusko

that was the one with 87 dead

cause:  1 gallon of gas, 1 box of matches, one p'o'd   nut job