News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Missouri "assult weapons ban"

Started by thursday, February 16, 2013, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thursday

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0545I.HTM
As this has caused a lot of uproar, I thought I would provide the link to the actual bill.  According to my MO congressman this is dead in the water, but it is always a good Idea to call them and let them know how you feel (politely).  Silence = consent.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

tittiger

The idea that any American would think about -- much less propose such a bill is frighting.

It's times like this that I realize just how few effective controls that we really have on the psychopaths in power.

I would love to see a bill,  or change to the MO constitution, where a blatant disregard for the God given rights of the citizens, that they are supposed to be protecting  (not violating) would be a capital crime that could be prosecuted by the people in some extra judicial manner. We surely can not trust in that myth about 3 branches of government that protect us from the other 2.

A wise man said that when the government fears the people we have liberty.  I think a bill that would put legislators in fear for their lives if they again tried a stunt like this would be a good deterrent and companion of liberty.
"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine

brianheeter

The best thing about this bill is it is pretty easy to read and understand what it's really about.  Time for the good citizens of Missouri to stand up and be counted.  Just like OP thursday says you have to let your representatives (remember:  not leaders, representatives) know how you feel.  Don't be shy, they work for you.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Ratchett

Now is the time to be most vigilant. Hold your friends close and your enemies closer. Make those calls and visits, get those letters written MO! Make your voice heard, a bill is never truly 'dead' until it disappears!

Stand firm...

In Liberty,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

DEH

I would think that this would go over like a lead balloon in Missouri.  California- another story.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

shiloh

I kinda bothers me that it was tried on a state level. I have no doubt that if it was tried here in Arkansas the person would be looking for another job come election time.