News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Event coordination - Harvard, MA Feb 16-17, 2013

Started by aim, February 11, 2013, 11:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

With 5 days to go, a forecast of an overcast, windy weekend with flurries and temperatures just below freezing, an SB, an SBIT, and five registered students, it is probably time to ask what is needed. Ulysses and I plan to be there (at least one day, hopefully both), I can give strikes (although it has been a long time since I heard Lupis'), run the line and think about providing warm food if the cart isn't available. If I'm not going to go for a score, I can cook...
Shiny!

Lima Tango

SBIT checking in here. Between myself and Lupis42 we have enough targets, t-shirts, and patches. I have also got a flag set to hang up at the range. Hot food might not be a bad idea. I plan on bringing a large vacuum bottle of hot apple cider to share. I look forward to working with you all!
Keep me posted on the hot food issue! ;)

-LT

aim

Should I assume that the food cart will be closed? If one of the mighty SBs can confirm this, I'll haul a grill and a camping stove over. That way, we can have dogs and hot instant decaf. If I can only make it one day, I'm guessing Saturday is preferable?
Shiny!

dwarven1

If no one has coordinated with the Slushy Lady yet, I'll guarantee you she won't be there. Plus, she needs a minimum of about 20 people to come out there so that she doesn't lose money on the day. If I were you, I'd plan on bringing a grill.

LT, I've got a Harvard member worrying about whether or not there will be a shoot "With the snow coming"; I'm pointing out to him that if you can SEE the targets, he should expect to be there SHOOTING at them. I'm copying Lupis since I know his email address.

I won't be able to be there - I"m working Saturday and at the GOAL rally in Boxboro on Sunday morning. With any luck, though, Luv2bFree and I will be able to stop by on Sunday afternoon to say hi after the rally.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

lupis42

I checked the counts, and confirmed we were short for the food truck well in advance :-/

We should be set for food, though if anyone has any concerns I can pick up a big pile of sausages. 

The forecast seems to change every time I look at it, so I advise all instructors to prepare for cold, rain, snow, etc.  Bring spares if you can.
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

mj52

I'll be there Sat morning to help with setup. I can bring some well seasoned firewood if you think it advisable. Maybe even a fire ring if it isn't frozen in place.

lupis42

I don't think we've ever tried a campfire there.  It's worth a shot if it's no too much effort.

Lima Tango

Thanks Dwarven for fighting the good fight.
I'm looking forward to this. Lets make some Riflemen!

mj52

Cinder blocks... check
Firewood...... check
dogs (24), buns (24), condiments....check
shovel....check
grate for firepit.....check

would be nice to have some light snow to make it seem more like winter..

lupis42

Quote from: mj52 on February 15, 2013, 03:58:21 PM
would be nice to have some light snow to make it seem more like winter..

I'm going to remember that you said this if we get another blizzard...