News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LibertySeeds Indiana

Started by ATM, February 05, 2013, 08:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

Planning and strategy discussion to maximize LibertySeed venues and participation around Indiana this year.

Check out this link for the how-to resources: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=33982.0

Then let's make some contacts in our communities and get out there with the message.

Post up your progress, your needs, your excuses (<--- Ha! I dare you!  ;D )

Let's surpass our own expectations. Let me know what you need!

ATM is excited, why are you not excited?  ^:)^

[edit - YHJ changed Libraryseed to Libertyseed]

[edit - ATM likes to get in the last word  :cool2: ]
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Barbie

How many can we cross off this list?!?!

www.publiclibraries.com/indiana.htm

O0
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

ATM

Quote from: Barbie on February 07, 2013, 01:34:43 PM
How many can we cross off this list?!?!

www.publiclibraries.com/indiana.htm

O0

Oh, that is handy! Thank you!  :bow:

I'll go first...

Crawfordsville District Public Library reserved for Mon. April 15th

NEXT!  :pop:

AuntieBellum

None scheduled quite yet, but on a whim I posted this note on our facebook page this morning, "Do you know of a group who needs to hear the story? A community group, homeschool, scout troop, or other organization? We'd love to come share the events of April 19, 1775 with your group. The Three Strikes of the Match, presented by our volunteers. And the cost - FREE! Just send us an email, in@appleseedinfo.org, and we'll be there!"

And in less than 8 hours, we have three inquiries!  Pretty cool for 30 seconds worth of work.   ;)
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

George Hacker

Quote from: AuntieBellum on February 07, 2013, 06:02:57 PM
None scheduled quite yet, but on a whim I posted this note on our facebook page this morning, "Do you know of a group who needs to hear the story? A community group, homeschool, scout troop, or other organization? We'd love to come share the events of April 19, 1775 with your group. The Three Strikes of the Match, presented by our volunteers. And the cost - FREE! Just send us an email, in@appleseedinfo.org, and we'll be there!"

And in less than 8 hours, we have three inquiries!  Pretty cool for 30 seconds worth of work.   ;)

Just stole the idea for the Northwest Region which covers four states.  Let's see what happens out west.  :)

Thanks for posting this AB! O0

ShadowMan

Update - Our Facebook page just had someone express interest.  Time elapsed:  27 minutes
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Pain Killer

AuntieBellum that was so simple but genius! I hope we can duplicate this all over the country.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

SteelThunder

Michigan just posted the following...stealing shamelessly

QuoteDo you know of a group who needs to hear the inspiring story of our shared American Heritage? A community group, homeschool, scout troop, or other organization? We'd love to come share the events of April 19, 1775 with your group. The riveting story of the choices, decisions and sacrifices of our forefathers, presented by our volunteers. And the cost - FREE! Just send us a message, and we'll contact you for the details!
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

ATM

Outstanding, AB! Feel free to copy me directly with any Indiana contacts for follow-up coordination and scheduling.

It's quite possible, with the vast reach of Facebook, you'll get inqueries from residents of other states to forward on to their respective State Coordinators as well.  :)

I'm also waiting for our local Boy Scout troop to select a date for a presentation. They're interested in hearing the story as well as a detailed overview of attending a full Appleseed event this year. HUZZAH!

Pain Killer

That is flattery to borrow something that was started in the great State of Indiana! Again, great work!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Prone to Knit

It took a whole 15 minutes to get a speaking engagement after we posted your statement on the Colorado Facebook page!

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

AuntieBellum

Wow - I am amazed how such a simple little statement can have such an impact.  That was my good idea for the year.   ;D

ATM

OK, Indiana crew, the stage is set. 2013 is the year and LibrarySeeds emerge as a dominant share of the plan.
You know your role, you've got the goods to deliver, and the "audience" is in a desperate state of anticipation... so what do you do?

You reach them, engage them, humble and inspire them - you set them on a course of rediscovery, of ownership, honor and responsibility.
You call forth the sleeping American and arm them with a sense of identity steeped in heritage. Embetter the people - save the nation - win fabulous prizes...

Wait.  :cool2:  What was that last part again?  ???  That's just a metaphor, right?
Well, the ultimate prize is that our current efforts will produce something of inestimable value to pass on to our posterity, but that's not all...

Check this out: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=34133.0

Those who spring out of the gate and start participating now (NOW!) will be entered in a chance (or chances) to win a generously donated training membership package as an added incentive to flood the nation with LibrarySeeds through April.

Put on, Indiana! It's GO TIME, let's ROLL!

Stubborn Yankee

Thanks for the encouragement, ATM!  These are fantastic links; most of the hard work is already done. O0

Pitmaster

Following up on yhj's Rattle Battle post and challenge I will pass the http://www.storytellingarts.org/ link along. This is for Indiana but story telling has national interest.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Ratchett

AB,

Just read your whim---great !! I love it when a whim comes together...hehehe! What can we say you are a genius!!

BTW sharing to Ohio FB  ;-)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Pain Killer

There has been a great deal of discussion concerning Libraryseeds on the forum. Here is a thread that discusses the need for Libraryseeds as an additional way to get our message out in a time when the ship is sinking faster and faster.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=33872.0

I think any Appleseed Instructor that watched the State of the Union Address the other night would agree with me, that we are in big trouble! Therefore I have decided to personally offer a little incentive to increase our efforts on Libraryseeds. I know you are going to say, "That the mission alone is the only incentive you need." And I agree with you, but I think it would be fun to have a little contest and see how high our numbers could actually get. So here is what I am going to do.

Starting tomorrow every time you participate in a Libraryseed with a speaking roll of at least one of the Three Strikes, you will have a ticket with your name placed into a raffle. The more events you do, the more chances you have to win. Your name must be mentioned as performing a Strike on the IAAR for that Libraryseed to receive credit. You must be an IIT 3 or higher to hold your own Libseed, however II2 and lower and Blue Hats may receive credit if they give one of the Strikes under the supervision of a Red Hat. They must have contact with the Red Hat that will write the IAAR prior to the event.

This contest will coincide with the push for Libraryseeds during the week of the April 19th event and therefore will end on midnight of April 30, 2013. To clarify, the Libraryseed must be completed by this date but you will have an additional 3 days to complete your IAAR. The drawing will be held on Saturday May 4th and I will post the winner that day on this thread.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=34133.0

So what's the prize?

The winner will receive a Lifetime Patriot Membership to Front Sight Firearms Training Center in Las Vegas Nevada. This membership will allow you to take a class in 4 Day Defensive Handgun,  4 Day Practical Rifle , and 4 day Tactical Shotgun as many times as you wish for the rest of your life. This membership is worth $1000. I am including a link to Front Sight Nevada, so you may review these courses. This is a terrific value! The winner will receive the membership 4-6 weeks after the drawing.
http://www.frontsight.com/Courses.asp

Finally I am posting a link to a Thread on how to complete a proper Libraryseed. So don't delay, schedule your Libraryseeds and good luck!
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=33982.0

PK

scuzzy

If you have a libseed to schedule please send a short EIP to Instructor Scheduling (Miki and North Country Lady) are now helping with this. All they need is date, time, location (city state, etc) , misc and they'll get it posted.

Tweaked the libseed page on website a bit, still a work in progress.

http://appleseedinfo.org/libseed.php

If ya send an EIP to Inst. Sched.  the it will appear on the link above once they get on it.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AuntieBellum

ISO: 1 or more instructors to conduct a Libraryseed in Sellersburg on a Thursday of your choosing (to be verified with the group) mid-March or later from 6:30-8:00 pm.  Look at how easy that was.  The work is done.  Step up, show up.   O0

AuntieBellum

Quote from: AuntieBellum on February 17, 2013, 11:28:36 PM
ISO: 1 or more instructors to conduct a Libraryseed in Sellersburg on a Thursday of your choosing (to be verified with the group) mid-March or later from 6:30-8:00 pm.  Look at how easy that was.  The work is done.  Step up, show up.   O0

Anyone?  I would be hard-pressed to get there in time after work.  Anyone closer than 3.5 hours away?

ATM

Quote from: AuntieBellum on February 20, 2013, 06:06:38 PM

Anyone?  I would be hard-pressed to get there in time after work.  Anyone closer than 3.5 hours away?

I'm still 2.5 hours away but will take it if nobody closer steps up.

How 'bout it, southern IN,  :cool2: who's ready to pick a Thursday evening and adopt this easy one?

Who's making contact to schedule another?

*tap*tap* Who turned off my microphone?  %)

Dogonhunt

I'm a Cubmaster and Den Leader in New Albany wanting a LibertySeed in mid March (targetting 3/11/13) at the New Albany Floyd County Public Library, might even be able to combine with the Sellersburg request (don't mean to horn in, just looking at options).

I doubt all three strikes can be done in one setting, how long is each typically?

I've emailed both KY & IN contacts from the contact page (http://appleseedinfo.org/contact_us.html), Kevin from KY has responded that he forwarded to the IN folks. I'm just trying every avenue by posting here too.

Finally, what's it take to "get qualified" to present these? I'm blocked from the "How to" pages.

Thanks,
Dan
dan@fargohc.com

SPQR

Each strike can be compressed down to about 20 minutes, so an hour for all 3.

Getting qualified involves attending a couple Appleseed events and passing a few small tests.  Not too big of a deal, really.  The tellers of the Strikes are all Appleseed instructors, and one of the steps in becoming an instructor is qualifying in the storytelling.  The other steps are pretty easy.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

yellowhousejake

I can take it. I am only 1.5 hours away.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Mudcat

I am liking these Libertyseeds, pretty easy and to the point. I will be doing one over the weekend of April 13-14 at Kentucky Lake for Bushcraft USA. Still working out the details but should be 50 or so there to listen.

Sorry through the week is tough on me class Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and work late just about every other evening.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: Dogonhunt on February 21, 2013, 02:19:01 PM
I'm a Cubmaster and Den Leader in New Albany wanting a LibertySeed in mid March (targetting 3/11/13) at the New Albany Floyd County Public Library, might even be able to combine with the Sellersburg request (don't mean to horn in, just looking at options).

I doubt all three strikes can be done in one setting, how long is each typically?

I've emailed both KY & IN contacts from the contact page (http://appleseedinfo.org/contact_us.html), Kevin from KY has responded that he forwarded to the IN folks. I'm just trying every avenue by posting here too.

Finally, what's it take to "get qualified" to present these? I'm blocked from the "How to" pages.

Thanks,
Dan
dan@fargohc.com

Is someone from Indiana taking care of you Dan?

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

ATM

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on February 23, 2013, 09:45:14 AM

Is someone from Indiana taking care of you Dan?

UL

We're on it (via PMs at the moment but contacts and planning to follow), and thanks always for your attentiveness.

I'm hoping that one large March event may be suitable to fulfill both these recent requests and even fuel some local promo for an April follow-up event in the same Sellersburg/New Albany area.

Dogonhunt

I haven't heard anything new, not terribly concerned, it's only been a couple days.

I'm all for combining with Sellersburg, I'd like to know who that is so I could contact them.

AuntieBellum

Dogonhunt - I just received your PM.  Response inbound.   O0  You haven't been forgotten - just a combo of a couple of busy Appleseed weekends followed by what seems to be the stomach flu.   %)

AuntieBellum

Libertyseed scheduled:

April 15, 6:30 PM at the Boy Scout cabin in Rensselaer

Arranged by Stubborn Yankee.  Who I'm sure will be giving at least one of the strikes that evening.   &)

Fully staffed, no need for anyone to do anything more.  How easy was that?!  So that leaves...7 more Libertyseeds to schedule for Patriots Day week and many, many more for the year.   O0

ATM

Outstanding!

I've sent a program proposal to Carmel Clay Public Library to co-sponsor some LibertySeeds on behalf of Maynard and spitfire51 who have stepped up to present the first one there.

Also touched base again with my local Boy Scout troop. They may be ready to talk scheduling after their meeting next week.

YHJ stepped up and made an awesome impact and connection at his recent LibertySeed. Check it out:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=34547.0

Way to go! We are making a difference! MOAR!

Who's next? Who's going to make contact to set up their local LibertySeed this week?

We're only a month from Patriots Day and I'm not hearing much chatter...  :cool2:

HEY BATTER BATTER BATTER HEY BATTER BATTER... SWING!  ^-^