News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Self Reliance Expo coming to Texas April 26-27

Started by Prone to Knit, February 01, 2013, 12:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prone to Knit

This was just announced today:

The Self Reliance Expo will be coming to Texas April 26-27.  http://www.selfrelianceexpo.com/

It will be at the Arlington Convention Center. Appleseed will again be there with the indoor pellet line and table. We'll be back in contact regarding this expo about a month before the event but this is a heads up to get a Texas crew together.

We look forward to working with you again.

The Self Reliance Expo will also be in Denver October 4th and 5th. The Washington and Pennsylvania expos that were anticipated will not happen this year.

Kim

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

scuzzy

If I can hitch a ride with somebody I'll definitely be there, don't trust my old clunker to go that far.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TimBeatty

Tim Beatty

Prone to Knit

Okay, we're about a month out. The pellet line and booth will be coming to Arlington, Texas:  http://www.selfrelianceexpo.com/

Watch the video - we got a great mention!

Arlington Convention Center
April 26-27

Move in and out:

Move in is on Thursday April 25 between 3PM-8:00PM
Move out is April 27, 7:30 to midnight

Show Hours:

Friday 11AM-7PM
Saturday 9AM-7PM

Since it's in the same building as last year, I suspect we'll be near the cargo door again which means our complete wall cannot be put up until the other vendors get moved in Friday morning. A big thank you for instructors pitching in and helping the other vendors last year. We heard about their appreciation several times during the weekend. Great goodwill!

A few people to help on Thursday would be great to get supplies into the building and partially or fully build the walls, depending on the situation.

For Friday and Saturday, we need people to run the pellet line. It's pretty labor intensive when we get little kids on the line. Someone to do liability forms and keep safety glasses on everyone. People to talk to as many people as we can as they pass by the booth.

After 7PM on Saturday, we'll tear down. Last year you did it in record time at just over one hour.

Is there someone willing to step up in Texas and get a crew together?  If so, please let us know and give us a contact number. As we get closer to time to leave we'll let you know more specifics.

If you've worked this expo before, you know it's pretty intense trying to get as much out of it as we can. Be ready to talk about Appleseed, usually there are several interviews, new range contacts and always lots of people who have never heard of us before. People will listen as long as you want to talk. This isn't the usual "I know how to shoot" gun show crowd.

It would be very good to have a flyer ready regarding your shoots and any LibertySeeds you have planned.

Wear your Appleseed polo shirt if you have one. If not, a fresh Appleseed shirt. We'll bring some tan polos in a variety of sizes.

Bring candy (the good stuff - not hard candy) and water for the instructors.

We'll have everything else for the booth.

Looking forward to working with you all again.

Kim

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

TimBeatty

My schedule is open for Friday and Saturday all day. I just need to know what time to show up on Friday. I have a tan polo shirt from last year.
Tim Beatty

floydf

I can probably do Sat, but not Fri.

Tim, good to hear you will be back in town!

/f
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

Prone to Knit

Is there anyone in Texas able to coordinate the crew down there?  Please let us know.

Tim, we're not sure what time on Friday because of the cargo door situation outlined above. We may be building the wall last minute Friday before opening.  If someone can coordinate down there, they can get the info out to your instructors as we know.  Probably a good ball-park is 9 AM on Friday morning. However, if the complete setup is done Thursday, 10:30 would be fine.

Looking forward to seeing you and Floyd again. Who else is joining us?

Kim

scuzzy

Hey Kim, looks like me and Scout will be there too. Looking forward to seeing you and Jim. We're still working on the details though.

DFW Crew - this is a busy event - anybody that can show up, even if for a few hours, would be a big help.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

aggie

Fred

Texas reading this thread: Are you listening?

PtK has asked - twice - for someone to "coordinate the Texas crew" - to recruit, to ascertain schedules, to put out the call to fill any gaps in the sched.

Sheesh, can ONE of you step up to do this? ::)

Man, Texas must really have changed since the last time I was there, when every Texan was a rifleman, and not only a rifleman, but a step-up-and-take-charge-kind-of-person. >:D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

gonejohnny

Starting on my way back East tomorrow morning in the van.
I'll be there to help out...
Just not sure my exact ETA.
PM me as details emerge and I'll get it on my phone en route.
- GoneJohnny

Prone to Knit

We will be at the Arlington Convention Center at 3pm Thursday to set up the booth. We will be there 10am Friday. If that changes, we will post here.

Thanks,
Kim

Prone to Knit

Update: We got here and vendor (who transports our walls) forgot the legs and all the nuts\bolts\washers. We are leaving now to repurchase and get a saw and drill to remake parts. We'll be back at site to do this today. We won't be putting up the wall today. If you can be here tomorrow Friday early, meet here at 8:30 am to do the full booth assembly.

Thanks,
Kim

Prone to Knit

Update: Tomorrow we need to be ready to go at 8am.

Gonejohnny - thanks for stopping by to help rebuild portions of our range yesterday.

Aggie and timbeatty - you guys rock! You both worked so hard all day today and we so appreciate you.

We'll see Tim again tomorrow.

This was the busiest Friday we've seen at an expo. They presold more tickets for this expo than attended last year during the Glenn Beck expo.

Wow, we had a lot of people walking by we couldn't talk to. Tomorrow is going to be crazy!

Kim

hawkhavn

Dang!!! Sounds like fun!  :bow:
Any tips you can throw our way for next weekend at the NRA show, let us know.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

techres

Let us know how fast the stockpile of cards go.  We can use your pile to measure if the pile for the NRA event is big enough or if we need to hit the printers for more.

Good luck and God bless!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

TimBeatty

4 stacks were given to me. I have about half of one left.
Tim Beatty

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

I hope to make the next one. Keep us informed when the next DFW Expo date is known.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

techres

Quote from: timbeatty on April 28, 2013, 12:51:37 AM
4 stacks were given to me. I have about half of one left.

Sounds like they did well.  Thank you!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.