News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Misouri proposes confiscation law

Started by Charles McKinley, February 15, 2013, 03:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/14/missouri-dems-introduce-alarming-gun-confiscation-bill-giving-law-abiding-gun-owners-90-days-to-turn-in-certain-firearms-or-become-felons/

This came from the Blaze.  If it passes you have 90 days to turn in distroy get out of the state or become a felon.  :'(

THE REGULARS ARE OUT! THE REGULARS ARE OUT!
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

ItsanSKS

I'm locking this thread due to it's failure to follow the guidelines for posting politically-charged information.

Titiger, the next time you wish to inform someone of pending legislative action, please find the *actual* bill being proposed, not some 3rd party discussion of it on the blaze or other site.  This way your readers will have the source document available, including who authored it, who sponsored it, if/when it will go to committee, and what committee it will go to...  If you can find this vital information, please contact me via PM to have it included in the original post.

Please reference this thread: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=33583.msg249026#msg249026

Specifically the following:

QuoteAny post that specifically (or ambiguously) offers an opinion (whether for or against) any candidate, office-holder, political party, or proposed/current legislation is not allowed on these boards.

A post MAY be created that brings attention to a current/proposed policy/regulation/law, and such posts may even ask for folks to get involved.

If you want to tell us about legislation being proposed, great!  We need some specific information though- like bill #, who the cosponsors are, and what committee it's in... Anything less is less useful when contact the legislators about it. 

In short, if you have an opinion about the legislation, tell your legislators, not Appleseeders.  We can think for ourselves, and are pretty good at determining if proposed legislation is 'good' or 'bad', all we need are the facts....   "just the facts, ma'am"

Not a personal attack, simply a notification of the rules of conduct that govern a 501.c.3 organization, and by extension, this forum.

If you have any questions, please contact me via PM.

-ItsanSKS

PS:
I have removed all comments/posts that either had nothing to do with the proposed legislation in the first post, or offered the authors political opinion.  A shame, really, considering that EVERY post was either off-topic, or involved the authors' opinion. 

Nobody in this thread asked for people to get involved.  Nobody offered links to the legislators' emails.

Thought we were Appleseeders here. 

I guess you don't think this legislation is important enough for people to worry about?
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."