News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Request: 30 Carson City Sea Cadets

Started by gglovesguns, January 20, 2013, 11:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gglovesguns

Hi All~

I received this message below:

QuoteHello, I'm an instructor with the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps Carson City Division 12-7 (located in Carson) I'm interested in hosting an Appleseed event in Carson for the Cadets. Is this something you can help me with? or can you point me in the right direction? or is there enough room at your next event for about 30 cadets (ages 11 to 18)? please let me know. my personal email is [redacted-- PM me to receive it] also of note I'm an NRA instructor and would be willing to help out at this event, or help with your event as well. I think this is a great project (from what I have read) so why not help so if you need another body please keep me in mind as well. thanks for your time.

Randy Brooks

Who can help me with this?

Thanks!
GG

AuntieBellum

Indiana hosted it's first Sea Cadets event last year, and it was a great success.  We already have another in the works for them this year.  Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like more info.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Chris_H

I am no longer in northern NV. I ended up in the Vegas area for school reasons for a couple of years...

That said, the 3 main possibilities are:

Washoe County Range - it's a hike from Carson City, but reportedly has gotten a lot better than it used to be to work with.
Carson City Range - never have had success getting a stable/helpful contact that could see if any shoots could be scheduled there.
Featherblue's Gardnerville DAR - Not sure of the availability at this time.. Winter is iffy at best - with the weather up there it doesn't sound feasable, and other issues may end up making it unworkable.

While public land is always an option, I don't know how feasable it would be... If Arashi is active again, he may have some insight. Also, LayloPro &/or ASMinuteman might have some knowledge as all three are actually up there more.

Chris

Transform

GG, have you asked them whether they have a range in mind?
Also, have you asked them when they are hoping to do this?

RangeRat

Spent some time tonight talking to their POC.  We discussed the possiblities for the Carson City range and he'll be attending their next meeting to learn more about their operations.

He's psych'd about becoming more active with AS and his group is mostly shooters so this should go well.  We discussed a June-ish shoot so that's what we'll be pushing towards.

I'll be hitting you northies up shortly for ideas and commitments....   ;D

Cheers - RR

asminuteman

currently in discussion with Mustang, for an AS, May/ June.....

(it would be worth some patience)

Although, pass along contact, and we shall keep you in the loop!
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Yodar

LayloPro, asminuteman, and I are working on it.  ~~:)

Nero

We'd be interested in helping if schedules align.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass