News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AZ: Washington's Birthday Rifle Match - Feb 17, 2013

Started by AZRedhawk44, January 20, 2013, 01:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZRedhawk44

Time to put together a team for the LONGEST RUNNING SHOOTING EVENT IN AMERICA.  Period.

Camp Perry took a break for WWII.  AZ did not.

This will be the 121st annual Washington's Birthday Rifle Match in Arizona, at Ben Avery Shooting Facility.

Arizona Appleseed always makes a good showing here.  Last year we placed 12th out of 44 teams with an aggregate of 1721-18X out of 2000.

We need a 4-man team.  Or two 4-man teams, if someone else wants to captain one and we have more interest than can fill 1 team.

http://www.washingtonsbirthdayriflematch.org/

1. AZRedhawk44.  I'll captain the team, take care of registration process, coach anyone on the team new to the experience, loan gear as necessary.
2. ????
3. ????
4. ????

Requirements:

1. Be a Riflemyn.  Man/woman, doesn't matter.  Ideally, you've proven you're a Riflemyn with centerfire at true distance.
2. Pay 1/4 of the team registration fee.  Team registration fee is $100, so $25 per team member.  T-shirts are available for $12 each during pre-registration.  The junior HP teams cater lunch as a fundraiser source, at a cost of $9.  Going all-in is $46 per person. 
3. Have a centerfire rifle, or at least be willing to buy 60 rounds of .223, .308 or .30-06 for one of my service rifles (I have an AR-15, M14 and M1 Garand I am willing to loan).

The match is a 50-shot Cross the Course (XTC) National Match course of fire.  10rds standing slow fire, 10rds rapid seated, 10rds rapid prone and 20rds slow prone.  All firing is done at 200 yards.  Rapid prone is done on a reduced sized target, and slow prone is done on an even more challenging reduced size target.

Who is in?

azmule

Unfortunately, I can't go to Phoenix that weekend.  Anybody else?
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

slinged_in

I'm in.  Need to double check on the schedule, but I am 80% in.  Still dealing with family health stuff, but I'm going to need a break.

I've got plenty of ammo.  What rifle should I bring?  AR or M-14?

Colton. 

AZRedhawk44

Quote from: slinged_in on January 26, 2013, 01:02:18 PM
I'm in.  Need to double check on the schedule, but I am 80% in.  Still dealing with family health stuff, but I'm going to need a break.

I've got plenty of ammo.  What rifle should I bring?  AR or M-14?

Colton.

Whichever you shoot better.

PaxxAZ

If none other Join, I'm in too...What are the stages???

Can I have optics, if Not I need to borrow a rifle... Plenty of 55 grain.  I have been trying to focus on pistol lately thus I am not happy with any of my shooting.

Who do I send the money to?
There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

PaxxAZ

Read the Rules, I need a rifle or an upper at this point...I am kind of pissed with the silliness or I would have had a competitive rifle at this point.
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

AZRedhawk44

Dang it Paxx, I just got the last member on friday of last week.  Would have loved to have you on it.

Team consists of:

-AZRedhawk44
-slinged_in
-a former Appleseeder (Jon Fallon)
-AZRedhawk44's brother, Jordan

Can you stand by on reserve in case slinged_in or another member drops out?  His rsvp was at 80% likelihood.

slinged_in

I'm picking up my Dad's AR this weekend for use for the match - I have a spare AR and ammo if anyone needs it, let me know.  I'm now 100% in.

Colton

AZRedhawk44

OK, we're signed up and all official-like.

Sun, Feb17th.  Rounds downrange at 8AM sharp.  Be on site at 7AM for squadding and firing point assignments and other assorted attempts to herd cats. :)

1. AZRedhawk44 shooting WOA AR-15
2. slinged_in shooting AR-15
3. PaxxAZ shooting M14
4. Jordan shooting ASA AR-15

Colton, Pablo is going to borrow my M14 since the market evidently doesn't want to allow him to get a service rifle upper right now.  He's gonna join my brother and me at the range this weekend and sight in and practice mag changes and such with it, and I've got ammo for him to use at the match.

I'd suggest getting a GOOD 200 yard zero on the rifle you intend to use, this weekend.  Zero against a 12" / 6MOA target at that distance, and note if you have any changes in zero between prone, seated and standing and log those.  First stage is offhand standing and you'll only have 2 sighters before they start to count for score.

azmule

Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

PaxxAZ

Well I performed below expectations...but without putting in some effort to practice, what more can be expected :wb:

Oddly I did best in sitting.

That Said, good time, good people, learned allot. So not a waste by any means, and I totally want to do it again next year.
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011