News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Assault Weapons Ban, Start writing Now!

Started by hawkeye, December 27, 2012, 05:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

Here is what the so called AWB is going to look like. http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons
We need to start a letter writing campaign to let our representatives know how we feel about this ban . A short polite letter will do, offer solutions and thank them for their attention. Here is how to contact them:  http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx  . If any one of theses shooters had driven a car into a crowd of folks they wouldn't blame the car ? Talk to coworkers ,neighbors or anybody else  who's ear you can bend. I usually don't get fired up and post about issues but I'm fired up now.     Steve ,see you at the range
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

TaosGlock

Agreed! Get those hand written 1 minute letters sent or better yet a phone call to your reps!

Lest we end up repeating history:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9LWioXYaic&feature=player_embedded
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

wildman

Who thinks removing bayonet lugs or flash suppressors changes anything? This is nothing more than phase one of a gun
confiscation scheme. 
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

CiviSoldier

Unfortunately, it is much more than that....

rifles, shotguns and handguns are mentioned.... as is registering any grandfathered weapons.. 

:slap:
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
When there is little hope
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far
Remember Who We Are" - Krista Branch

Contra

I wrote to mine this morning, demanding they vote no on any further infringement of the 2A.  And I concluded with this:

"One final request, many patriotic law-abiding gun owners believe that the proposed restrictions are a disguised attempt to confiscate all guns such as was done in the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany, as a prelude to totalitarian rule.  I want your sincere assurance that you have no such intentions and that you would fight passionately against any such actions, whether it's by American or United Nations players."
Liberty - my alternate lifestyle.

M1NC

Sent both electronic and hard copy letters to all my representatives - definitely will be calling them as well. 
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

Johnnyappleseed

www.guntalk.com Dec 30 has more on this topic .

As mentioned above ,this new AW ban is a consfication scheme !
You may not sell ,loan or will your rifle to anyone . When you die your mandatory registered rifle gets turned in .

Tom Gresham of gun talk has NRA memberships for sale at $25 per year .
Yesterday he sent $ 1300 to second amendment foundation as a result of all you folks buying new memberships .

Lets keep pressure on our reps to allow cooler heads to prevail .
Speaker Boehner at 202 225 6205 may be a good place to start .
I called the WH at 202 456 1111 . To express my disappointment with the suggestions out lined by the president .
The expired AW ban had ZERO ,NO EFFECT on criminal activity ! It was a waste of time and energy .

Speaking of wasting time .Has anyone heard of the farmer cradling a piglet in his arms ?
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Kaylee

My critters all have full voicemail boxes and no way to a live human being. Hope y'all are having better luck.

Though this isn't good -

http://docthompsonshow.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/the-republicans-have-already-given-in/

What kind of response are y'all getting?

Johnnyappleseed

The DC numbers for NC senators are 202 224 6342 and 202 224 3154
Keep up the good work .
If you have the congressional district available ,I can find the DC number.

My congressman was non committal !
When I call back I will use the Tom Gresham approach on him . Bet that will get his attention.
www.guntalk.com
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Taylor

My $.02 sent to Senator Ron Johnson and Representative Sean Duffy today attached. Feel free to use for your own purposes if you care to do so.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Gun rights advice from Russia! They lost their gun rights to tyrants in a pattern that seems to be unfolding here unless WE prevent it.

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/28-12-2012/123335-americans_guns-0/

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Castle Mountain

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Sadman

Add one more to your group Hawkeye, I've sent letters using this tool which will hit all your representatives at once if it helps.  I understand that no less than one letter each day is the minimum daily requirement!!!

http://www.congress.org/news/communicating-with-congress/

I hope it is some assistance to you and others

cdavidhord

Sent my. First letter today Steve.  Thanks for the link. 

What else besides letters.  Who answers the phones when you call?  Will our representatives hear of our calls to their offices?

Johnnyappleseed

Taylor ,the link seems to follow lots of info we have on the tactics of an all inclusive state .
Re-posted below from your post ,thank you
http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/28-12-2012/123335-americans_guns-0/
Calvin Coolidge

hawkeye

Thanks to all that wrote letters, I'm getting ready for my 2nd round of letters. This time to the school board about ccw for teachers. Great links ,keep spreading the word , I tell everybody I meet that I think will listen to write the congress critters. Thanks
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Red Alder Ranch

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on December 31, 2012, 11:48:15 AM
As mentioned above ,this new AW ban is a consfication scheme !
You may not sell ,loan or will your rifle to anyone . When you die your mandatory registered rifle gets turned in .

Where are you guys even finding the details of this proposed legislation? Feinstein's page has just a "summary", and emails to her office asking politely for clarification and details have gone un answered. Is there  a copy of the actual legislation out there somewhere yet?

Kosciusko

Red Alder Ranch

Yes, I've seen that page, but there are no details as to what the lists of banned weapons look like, and nothing about when you die, your registered firearms have to be turned in, or that you cannot loan your firearm to anyone. I thought maybe someone had seen the actual bill, which I have so far been unable to find.

Johnnyappleseed

Tom Gresham on his weekly radio show has some good ideas too
He can be heard at wwwguntalk.com

Briefly he wants to get hundreds of thousands of folks to committ to 1 call per week for 8 weeks .
Did anyone else catch his archived program from yesterday ? 1/6/2013

The bill posted kindly by Koscuisko is written by one of biggest HYPOCRITES in world history ,this individual has  armed bodyguards a CCW permit ! Nice huh?
Calvin Coolidge

Kosciusko

according to what I've read, the actual text of the bill is to be submitted online on January 22

Basically, it's a wish-list of the left of the left of the left.  Were it to pass, we'd be back in the fall of 1774, forced to make much the same choices as the folks we tell stories about on weekends.

wish I'd bought a few more of those T-shirts that read: 

"AR-15,  Because the next revolution won't be fought with muskets!"

Kosciusko

Pain Killer

I've done 2 rounds of letters and I am working on a more detailed letter. Just in case anyone was wondering 120mm ammo cans will hold 2 AR's and 1000 rounds of ammo. Does not bubble up out of the ground like PVC either.

Steve
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison