News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Word on NES is we're about to get New Yorked - SATURDAY 1/19 RALLY!

Started by Kaylee, January 16, 2013, 11:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaylee

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/187072-Mass-Gov-Patrick-outlines-new-gun-control-bill/

... who's in on the Capitol march this Saturday?

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs136/1101878640504/archive/1112154677930.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GoalNews-GunOwnersActionLeague+%28GOAL+News+-+Gun+Owners%27+Action+League%29

More to the point - who isn't in on the Capitol march this Saturday?

I'd hate to have to explain to ol' John Adams when we finally meet up that Massachusetts men couldn't be bothered to get up on a Saturday morning.

Quote"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

Kaylee

No Appleseeders standing up here in the very Cradle of Liberty?   :'(

NES has 250 or so committing to Boston so far.

MetalgodZ

I've got several people coming.

Anyone who can make this NEEDS to. Anyone who's looking for cheap, quick printing can use http://blockposters.com to generate a high quality PDF that can be printed on a standard printer fed with 8.5"x11" sheets and then assembled onto a piece of cardboard. Don't use inkjet if it's going to get wet, and keep images simple, polite, and concise. Use black and white if possible, with as little color as possible; it'll show up more legibly on a news camera.

The Gun Owners Action League / GOAL page on Facebook (MA people) has details of the currently drafted legislation matching what just passed in NY, as well as a few discussions regarding slogans/posters.

Have at it!!!

voidoid

I was pleased to have bumped into a handful of AS-ers at the rally, and disappointed I missed saying hi to a few who showed up but I guessed we probably passed each other in the crowd. 

Re: Gov. Patrick's bill, in case anyone isn't a GOAL news subscriber- it's going nowhere at the moment.  The House and Senate can't agree which committee to send it to (Public Safety vs. Judiciary), so for now we can breathe a very small sigh of relief.  But we should all stay abreast of the legislation and when possible, show up at these rallies and events.  See you all at the next one, and at HSC this month if I can get out of work to make the shoot.
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

mj52

Probably 1200 or so demonstrators. One sign in particular, Hard Cases make for Bad Laws, stuck in my head.

The demonstrators were polite, the police exemplary. I wouldn't have expected anything less but it was still something I won't soon forget. Another was during the "Pledge of Allegiance" the police snapped to attention and saluted. After that all that was used was a gently hand on a demonstrator's back to keep their ass out of traffic.

Very impressive.

Whippet

Huzzah to the LEOs for representing the profession so well, thank you fellas.
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

oladcock

Good on the LEO's, that's been our experience too. Our rally will be next Friday at our roundhouse, difference being, we'll be armed, perfectly legal here. We can carry inside the roundhouse as well. Don't know if you guys saw this video but the NY'ers are standing up.....O.L.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BTdhVxva5KU
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

dwarven1

Sorry we missed you guys. I, Luv2BFree, Round Trip and MzWeatherby were all there. It was insanely crowded and difficult to move around, though!
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Dude

Do NOT let up on this. It is a nationwide effort in states and localities to implement UN gun control measures. The president appointed an ambassador to the UN with an agenda-to push the small arms treaty IN PRINCIPLE, if not in and of the treaty itself. So, we are seeing this  stuff brought up in state MN, MS, etc, legislatures and county boards, too. The language is very similar throughtout, so we know they are using the same source - UN.

If they can't get the treaty, they will settle for incremental control, state by state, county by county, and city by city, till they get their way.
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson