News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ammunition Shortages and What Can We do about it?

Started by Scout, January 10, 2013, 08:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gents,
   With CMP temporarily out of rimfire and limiting centerfire purchases, and the appearance that many, if not most areas of country very thin (at best) on supplies of .22 - the lifeblood of Appleseed range time, is it time for the program, nationally, to reach out to BOTH ammunition manufs (Winch, Rem, CCI, etc.) as well as CMP.  One hand washes the other:  the program is a significant reason for
many-many purchases of ammo - mostly .22 cal, whether from CMP, huge or local stores...WE certainly contribute to their success (was aware that there were discussions recently between CMP head Michaels and Appleseed cadre looking at cross-support and promotion) - perhaps time that the favor and support is returned...certainly appears to make eminent sense...in any case, can't hurt to ASK.   Winchester just recently opened brand new plant in Oxford, Ms. (my brother teaches @ Ol' Miss in town)-they're running 24hrs-not much unemployment lately in Oxford...
madMark/nyrasgt
PS  If current unpleasantness stands in NY, will need to have my background checked every time I buy that 50-rd box of .22s...so cheer up, things could be worse...in some places, they already are.
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

DEH

I've found plenty of 7.62x54r at pre-CT prices.  Nothing like a Mosin to make an AQT a challenge.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

RODGE

Bass Pro Shop in Council Bluffs, Iowa didn't have a single round of .22 LR in the store a week ago.  Also zero .22LR at the local Wally World here in Shenandoah, Ia. 
What we allow is what will continue!

What have you done for LIBERTY today?

shiloh

I know it's not a short term solution but get your order or notify me in at the mail order places.

HozzMidnight

I have found this link to be helpful in the past, though not lately.

http://gunbot.net/ammo/22lr/

For good prices, ie. <10 cents a round you need to have an account already created with the vendor and click the link and get what you want into your cart within about 10 seconds.  And then you have about a 10% chance of getting the deal sealed, but usually the vendor site will crash or they will run out of stock before you complete the transaction.

Camping out at Academy has worked for a friend of mine, but you need to get there between 6-630a and they dont open til 8.  And you can only buy 1 box of a restricted caliber type.

There are some youtube videos around showing how to check stock at Walmarts from a browser.  I have tried this and it has backfired, ie. website says it is in stock, drive to Walmart, counter guy chuckles at me, "no 22lr".  Check Walmart again, still shows in stock...

This is getting ridiculous, its all people buying and gouging people at shows and on guntrader/gubroker/etc.