Author Topic: .22 Ammo, or the lack thereof.  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Maximum Ordinate

• National Coordinator & AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
  • Liberty, yo!
Re: .22 Ammo, or the lack thereof.
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »
The bad news is that according to the update two days ago, CMP is out of .22 and has no expectations of more before April.

"Aguila .22LR Ammunition.  The CMP is sold out of caliber .22 rimfire ammunition. The manufacturer, Aguila, has advised that the earliest we can expect resupply is late April, 2013, at slightly higher pricing. We are still accepting orders and will fill those orders as soon as we have received new inventory. At the rate that orders are being received for this backordered ammunition, the entire resupply quantity may be sold before it is even received. Anyone interested in receiving this .22 ammo should place their order now and get on the list."  Place your order on the CMP E-Store at http://estore.thecmp.org/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=catalogList&cat=AMC.

D'ANG  :'(

I got in on some of this last CMP pre-order of Aguila.  When I checked back a couple of days ago, the pre-order was completely bought out.  No more available.  We'll have to wait for the next pre-order.

In the meantime, if you have some time to surf... hit the new gunbot site:  http://gunbot.net/ammo/22lr/ 
We're in the Liberty business.

Have questions?  Check our Volunteer FAQ.

KD requal 50/50, June 2019.

Offline Ceasefire

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »
Hi, new here. Was at the Feb event, was great thanks!  Ventura Munitions has 500 rnd boxes for $150, spendy but in a pinch.... they said today they still have 90k rnds in the warehouse.

Alternately you can get 500 rnds of Eley Match 22lr Ammo for $125 here
http://www.midwayusa.com/find?sortby=1&itemsperpage=24&newcategorydimensionid=10115&pageNumber=1
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:59:34 PM by Ceasefire »

Offline SkipNChurch

• My Son, big dogs, my family, my arms
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 12:51:14 AM »
At the Appleseed in Waitesburg, WA on 20April13, my privilege to donate two 500 round cartons to the Cause from the 6k stash brought up.
Son and I used and pulled from our already open bricks, barely put a dent in our Saturday's stay.

Looks like as the more we Appleseed, hopefully local as friend and I work on getting place setup, that stash may be THE ammo that gets used at the range.
No easy answers, ammo is still being panic bought and hoarded by folks who either have little use for it at moment, or 'jus' gots'ta habbit!!!!!' before the next character comes to buy all they might.

kevinL
Umatilla, OR
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson