News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Great Falls MT Jan 12-13 2013

Started by Mark Davis, January 13, 2013, 11:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Indoor shoot, with out door temp below zero, crisp wind. Wonderful thing about Great Falls, the air is changed quite often and efficently by mother nature.
Some lamented a missed oppertunity for a winterseed patch, they were offered the chance to shoot after dark at the out door range, while I kept the lights carefully trained on the target from inside the  car with the heater on.
No takers.
Every one who was signed up showed up Sat morning! With the road so icey this was  big perservance. Two shooters from Kalispell, three from Helena, one from Missoula all braved long tedious drives on slick highways.
1 new rifleman as of Sat.

m1awolf

Great group of shooters this weekend and 4 new faces on Sunday. The Sunday crew had all previously attended Appleseed events,so this streamlined the time it took to run courses of fire. Our new rifleman from Saturday was back and IIRC he shot rifleman and additional 4 times on Sunday, MTprogrammer should be along to verify. My first weekend as an orange hat was a great experience and I look forward to future challenges.
A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Mark Davis

I want to thank, Kaiser, Steve, Paul, Rob, and Peter for you efforts to make peoples minds something other than jello.
Thanks to all the shooters, seeing you there made 400 miles of icey roads worth the trouble.

Countree

Another fun and successful Appleseed!

We had a great group of shooters that worked hard to improve their skills over the weekend. They all recieved instruction well and kept their heads, "in the game." I believe that they all improved on their shooting and hope to see them all attend future events, where I know they will become Rifleman.

The indoor range made the weekend more comfortable and allowed us to focus on marksmanship and heritage without the distraction of the weather.

I am always pleased to spend my weekend with the great people that are now part of Project Appleseed.

Kaiser Leib

We ought to hammer on the "hey there is a forum" thing so that the shooters will come contribute to AARs, shouldn't we.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

Necee

There's also a Facebook page that once pictures (hint hint) are uploaded people tend to comment on as well ;)  Sounds like it was a great weekend!

Spartan24

It was a great weekend! Once again, Montana proves that they are not filled with fair weather patriots as many instructors and shooters came great distances in what most would consider "stay home" conditions. Many couches were empty this weekend and that's what it is all about! My congratulations to all shooters who made it all weekend. Special congrats to Peter for earning Rifleman. Kathy, keep at it, you are almost there! A Rifleman and Riflewoman persists! I also want to send a heartfelt thank you to the Montana Instructor Corps. I appreciate the oppurtunity to meet fellow Applesseders and the heart that they show. Montana does not disappoint! You guys keep it up!
"Just name a hero and I'll prove he's a bum." - Gregory "Pappy" Boyington

peterlandsiedel

I had an absolutely phenomenal time this past weekend. I made several new friends and learned an incredible amount about marksmanship and American history. Earning that patch meant a lot to me. Mark, Kaiser, Steve, Paul, and Rob were first rate guys and I look forward to donning that orange hat at a future shoot. I am eager to dive into another Appleseed feet first!

LibertyGate Kate

I'll keep this short and sweet. I just wanted to thank Kaiser, Steve, Paul, Rob, and Peter. I had a blast---may have been my most fun appleseed to date---I'm still feeling withdrawals over no trigger time this week. It was great to not have the wether distract you in any fashion. There is definitely something to be said for indoor ranges!
Got so warm this week I wanted to go out and shoot, but not sure I should use the last 1/2 brick of ammo I have left.
Paul, thanks for the tip about the American Eagles, but when I got to Big Bear on my way out of Great Falls, the salesman told me, "I sold my last brick 45 minutes ago, and we were limiting them to 2/customer all weekend." Guess those Circuit Finals fans snapped them all up. CMP is out for the next 2 months as well. If anyone hears where bricks are available, please let me know.
Thanks again guys. Hope to see you all soon------if I can buy ammo!
Kathe