News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

7th Circuit Court rules in favor of Concealed Carry.

Started by 2 clicks low, December 11, 2012, 02:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

Attached is the text of the ruling.

Please contact your State Rep. and Senator and ask them to pull HB 148 out of committee where it has been sitting since spring when it was 6 votes short of the super-majority needed.

Also please contact the Governor and tell him time has come to let such laws pass.

Please do this now. Have everyone you know do this now while the legislators are in session.

The time to act is now.

Thanks
Ron Berg
2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

EODTech256

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." --Thomas Paine, The Crisis, No. 4, 1777

2 clicks low

URGENT ALERT - YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

7TH CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS DIRECTS ILLINOIS GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO PASS CONCEALED CARRY BILL

BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT: 

The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals has rendered a decision in the Shepard/Moore v. Madigan case that states that Illinois' ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional.  The court further directs the legislature to pass a concealed carry bill within 180 days.  Although the announcement of this court ruling would appear to be good news for self-defense advocates, it is really nothing more than the first volley in what will be a heated battle to preserve and protect our gun rights.  The gun control movement, headed by Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, will be introducing a concealed carry bill of their own for the sole purpose of satisfying the court order.  Madigan's bill is sure to be a sham that will be so restrictive and impractical that only very few Illinois citizens would even qualify for a carry permit - most citizens would remain unprotected from criminals.  Information obtained from within the Madigan organization indicates that the anti-gunners will piggyback an "assault weapons" ban and other onerous gun control legislation on the concealed carry bill.  In order to prevent Madigan from hijacking concealed carry, Illinois gun owners need to step up and let their voices be heard on this issue.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET A GOOD CONCEALED CARRY BILL PASSED:

1.  Contact your State Representative and State Senator.  Politely advise them that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you support the court of appeals decision in the Shepard case.  Politely advise them that you want them to vote against any sham concealed carry bill that Lisa Madigan will try to push.  Politely tell them that you want them to vote for HB 148, the Family and Personal Protection Act.  Advise them that you will not support any concealed carry bill that contains provisions that would discourage the average citizen from seeking a carry permit such as exorbitant fees, impossible training requirements, or excessive red tape.  Advise them that you will only support a "clean" concealed carry bill that does not try to sneak through gun control schemes.  If you do not know who your State Representative and/or State Senator is, please visit the Illinois State Board of Elections website link here.

2.  Pass this alert along to your family and friends.  Encourage them to contact their representatives as well.

3.  Post this alert to any and all internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you may belong

olefido

Fortunately, I live down here in God's country where all the state reps and senators from both sides of the aisle support CCW. I imagine that Rahm is cursing up a storm and that there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth north of I-80 among those who don't AS.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

2 clicks low

Quote from: olefido on December 11, 2012, 08:42:02 PM
Fortunately, I live down here in God's country where all the state reps and senators from both sides of the aisle support CCW. I imagine that Rahm is cursing up a storm and that there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth north of I-80 among those who don't AS.

Please, do not sit back. I need your help. As posted above Rahm & Co. will introduce a bad law. HB 148 is a good deal. Perfect no. But will do.

Call your reps and ask them to push HB 148 forward and not wait for Madigan to come up with some bill that's worse than what we have now.

Thanks

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

32clickshigh

I made sure to email my local rep and state senator within minutes of hearing about this :)