News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Looking for Tampa Area Shooters and NRA Coaches

Started by 308LIBERTY, December 21, 2012, 10:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

I'd really like to find local 'seeders to shoot with in the Tampa area. With the holidays and family plans, I haven't even been to the range in weeks and I'm starting to miss the smell of gun smoke and powder burns. With 2013 almost here, one of my goals for the year is to take my shooting skills to the next level. (Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun) Besides shooting Rifleman, I'd like to start knocking out NRA/Winchester qualifications and take steps towards becoming an instructor. Other than Appleseed and learning to shoot as a child, most of my learning has been self-taught. I loved shooting as a kid, growing up in central TX, but just recently picked it up again as an adult. And even though I'm nearly 40 now, I would really like to find a mentor/coach to lead me through the steps to becoming an instructor and find more competitive shooting opportunites. I've been involved with single-action (Cowboy) competition for almost a year now and have interest in silhouette and distance shooting. I always see classes for NRA first steps and CC, but none for skill improvement. If anyone local to the Tampa area has any advice or would be willing to help me take the next steps, I'd gratefully appreciate it.

Dwight
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

alkeford

Hello Sir

If you want too become an AS Instructor sign up as an IIT (instructor in Traning)to work an event. We have Myakka Jan. 05-06 and Hernando Jan. 12-13. When you show up to your first event to work you will receive an orange hat and the journey begins. I will be your go to guy any ? you have I will try to answer.

Too sign up for an event go to this link ask to be put on the schedule for a specific shoot.
example: (Please sign me up to work Myakka Jan. 05-06.Thank you). once you do that and take up the Orange hat I have a ton of info to send you.

as for shooting other disciplines give me a call Archie 727-492-3751. Big Country doesnt live far from and he is always ready to go to the range.

Thank you for your service.
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

9mm4545

To become an Appleseed instructor you need to have attended two Appleseed events, shot the Rifleman score on the AQT (210 or higher out of 250 possible), and volunteer. After that the process begins with additional study, working events, and developing as an instructor. Unfortunately, I live on the other side of the state or I would be glad to help out but all you need to do is come to an event and begin the journey.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

alkeford

Bruce I worked both events that Dwight attended and witnessed him shoot a Riflemans score
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

308LIBERTY

Thanks for the replies. So far I've shot the score on paper twice but both times had points deducted for shooting a target out of sequence (Doh!). So still not quite a Rifleman. I managed to end up with 3 gift certificates for Appleseed events over Christmas though (1 from me to me), so you will definitely see me out on the range again. And, yes, I am likely to take an orange hat when I'm done. Also, really hoping for a KD or Boot Camp in my region sometime this year.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

alkeford

Hernando is next weekend hope to see you there. As for KD clinics, they are Instructor only so there's more in sentive for your Orange hat
Tomet Nosce