News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Yakima, Washington, December 1&2, 2012

Started by 06en, December 04, 2012, 01:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

06en

Well this was a great way to end AS events in Washington. It wasn't a Winterseed but the wind sure did beat up the shooters, Instructor Corp and targets alike. Tons of improvement was seen from both lines. It was my honor to have had the opportunity to work with all of you shooters this weekend even though we had seperate lines. Indy, I am very impressed with the way you took to the instruction and it was evedent in your 170+ score. Gerrit (sorry for mis-spelling your name) keep up with practicing with following through and your groups will get smaller.

06en

:pics: Rest easy folks...picks are on their way

Kimber Custom

Rizzin

Great group of shooters who all made good improvement over the weekend and showed a super attitude that stood up even under the breeze

Thanks to Mark and Deanna for stepping up taking on an Orange Hat and to Jayde for taking a Blue hat

ColinGants

We had an absolutely fantastic time at our 2nd Appleseed (Indy's first).  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for helping me create memories with my three kids that will last forever, providing them knowledge and stories on our how our country was formed, instilling pride in our heritage and compelling them to carry forward and protect 2nd Amendment rights.

It is clear to me from the quality of individuals who donate their time that they are passionate about the legacy in which they so fervently they pass on.

We had fun on our ride home to Seattle telling our own stories about this year's Appleseed.  We pulled out our AQT's (of which there were many) and found Indy's first shoot produced an 81 and her second to last boasted a 176.  Beau went from an 86 to 156.  And Garrett......well, I am grateful to all of you who gave him additional attention.  He will work hard until his next Appleseed.

Thank you to all who made this shoot safe and successful: from the Shoot Boss, to Line Bosses, to Instructors, to In-Training Instructors, to Administrative Volunteers - you all are due a loud HOOZA!

~Gants Family

George Hacker

Colin,

I'm happy to hear they were able to squeeze you and your family on the line.  Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

We are working on getting ranges lined up in the Seattle area for 2013.  Hope to see you on the trail.

ShadowMan (I wasn't at the Yakima shoot this year, but we may have met last year)
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Hillie

Thanks all, had a blast as well. Learned a lot, and with some luck and more determination I'll come better prepared next time. :)

Transform

Quote from: ColinGants on December 04, 2012, 03:28:30 PM
and found Indy's first shoot produced an 81 and her second to last boasted a 176.
Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Beau went from an 86 to 156.
Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

And Garrett......well, I am grateful to all of you who gave him additional attention.  He will work hard until his next Appleseed.
Actually, having worked with Garrett during the time he spent over on the second line, I can testify to his incredible improvement in a remarkably short time. It took a great deal of maturity to switch lines and to ask for additional instruction (a feat of overcoming the ego which many adults would find extremely difficult!), yet Garrett maintained a great attitude throughout the entire process. Garrett listened well, followed instructions, and showed a dramatic improvement in his steady hold factors and in shooting by the numbers. In a surprisingly short time, Garrett managed to overcome the challenges that had caused him to switch lines, and was ready to return to shooting with his family.

The AQT is a great tool for testing and demonstrating progress, but mere scores don't show what is truly going on inside of a person. I was most favorably impressed by this young man, clearly a future Rifleman in the making!
Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Miss Bratton

Mark and I really enjoyed our "vacation" weekend in Yakima and loved that we could spend time with like minded people! It was also nice to see some of the people we met at our first Appleseed again especially getting to laugh with Joni.  O0  I wanted to extend a thank you to everyone who made me feel welcomed as a new blue hat. My body does not always allow me to shoot, no matter how much I wish it would, so being able to still be involved in such a wonderful project and feel like I can still be useful makes my heart shine! I was very impressed with everyone's perseverance through the wind and that strength and dedication showed me how important project Appleseed is to those who sign up which makes me very happy that we chose this as our volunteer organization!

Here are some of the pics that I took this weekend, I ended up with around 160 so if you don't see one of you and would like one please send me a PM and I will see what I can find for you! Just let me know which lane you were on and what you were wearing/which weapon you were using and I should be able to find some of you!

Miss Bratton

I have a few more pics that I need to get on here especially the one of Josh clearing his redcoat but that will have to wait til tomorrow! Jayde

Sherri

Thanks to all the volunteers who supported this event.

This was my second, having attended at the October Yakima shoot. I had a great time. My best AQT was about the same as October. Considering the wind on Sunday, perhaps I was shooting a little better than in October. At any rate, there's much to practice.

There was a young woman next to me on the firing line Saturday in the second bay, shooting a 10/22 with factory sights and no sling. I was helpful, but not helpful enough. She said she would return Sunday, but didn't. She didn't want her picture taken, so I won't use her name.

If you see this post, please send me an email. I'd like to meet you at the range to show you how to clean your rifle and give you the opportunity to shoot a rifle that's set up with sights and sling.

Hillie

Thanks for all the pictures, keeps the memories alive even better and I can show people what I did.

That includes my charming wardrobe malfunction/adjustment:

George Hacker

Quote from: Hillie on December 05, 2012, 02:59:05 PM
Thanks for all the pictures, keeps the memories alive even better and I can show people what I did.

That includes my charming wardrobe malfunction/adjustment...

Was this done at the Appleseed event half-time?  If so, then we will need to be more careful about that in the future. ;)

ShadowMan (who wishes he could have been at the Yakima shoot, but was there in spirit)
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Audrey

Looks like quite a full shoot! Josh [Webster] and I had long standing plans this weekend, or we'd have been out there too. I'm sure we'll see some of you next year on the line. (:

Thank you to those taking up orange and blue hats to help further Appleseed's endeavors.

Hillie

Quote from: ShadowMan on December 05, 2012, 03:03:18 PM
Was this done at the Appleseed event half-time?  If so, then we will need to be more careful about that in the future. ;)

ShadowMan (who wishes he could have been at the Yakima shoot, but was there in spirit)

:) Not sure when it was, I probably just pulled myself off the mat. :)

WulfgarTheBlack

Great time with great people. It was nice to see familiar faces. Great job by the volunteers.

06en

Quote from: Hillie on December 05, 2012, 02:59:05 PM

That includes my charming wardrobe malfunction/adjustment:

Yeah pictures are quite the tradition for Seeds in the PNW. A little strange that we didn't get an Instructor group pic. It's an honor for a Shootboss to have a picture taken with those who reach the 210+, as well as pics with the Young Patriots. It's kind of a great way for shooters to relive those moments that last a lifetime. In the spirit of Isaac Davis; ...we have not an Instructor who is afraid to have their picture taken.

Mherriford

I am pretty sure that there were pictures of the shoot boss and the young patriots taken with Joni's camera. I know Jayde has pictures from the second day to post still as well.

OnlyHitsCount

After missing the Yakima event in October, I was pleased to be able to be on the line with all of you for this event.  It had been such a hectic week for me that cancelling had breifly crossed my mind.  I am so glad that I didn't!  (I A & O, right?)  Even at 'Appleseed pace' it was a refreshing weekend.  I love the comradery of the instructor corpse, and the challenge of being able to work with those I have not worked with before.

As for the students, what a great group this weekend!  As a wife and mother, I love to see families participating together.  I enjoyed being able to share with three husband and wife couples that were on our line.  Kudos to Adam and Alison for braving the border-crossing with rifles!  O0  And Manny and Deanna -  :bow:  you guys are troopers!  Despite a few physical limitations, you persevere!  No wonder I have such high regard for our military personnel.  My only regret of the weekend is I wish I'd had the oppotunity to work again with Colin and his children, but I know they were in good hands!  Maybe next time?

Thanks to each of you who came out and allowed us to share our love of patriotism with you!  Hope to see you again on the Appleseed trail!
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)

Miss Bratton

I took pictures of shoot boss with our young patriots and pics of shoot boss with myself and the new orange hats (Mark and Deanna) on Joni's camera so hopefully she will get them posted up here soon! Also unfortunately there was only one person who scored a 210+ and that was my hubby Mark who shot a 213 but as it was his 2nd time shooting rifleman I did not get a picture of him with shoot boss. I do have a picture of Josh with his cleared red coat target and I will get that posted up here soon..I had teeth pulled yesterday so I'm moving a little slower than I would like, please forgive me! Hillie sorry about the outfit adjustment I didn't even think of that when I posted it just wanted to make sure I got a pic of each shooter posted up!
As this was my first shoot as a blue hat and photographer I will work on getting some better pics the next time! I also took many more pics the first day as I spent about 5 hours straight scoring AQT's on the second day this is also something I will work on getting better at so I can have pictures from both days! Thanks again for all the kind words of encouragement for this newbie!

Jayde